The Student Room Group

Joint applications

Hello all,
Wanted some advice. Me and my husband are both wanting to apply for the same PGCE at the same university. I know that we have to be considered as separate entities based on our merits but I am wanting to know if universities will consider you as a pair. I say this because we wont accept a place from any university that does not accept the other. We have similar qualifications and backgrounds and a strong desire to become teachers. For financial and other obvious reasons we don't want to study in different instirutions. Is there a good way to phrase this question to admissions departments?

Any advice from couples who have applied and gotten into the same university would be appreciated.
Thanks all
I dont think any will.
You'll have to apply to the same places and then accept which ever will take both of you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I very much doubt it I'm afraid.

It will be a case of applying to the same uni's and then hoping you both get an offer from the same place. I'm not even sure I would mention that you are a couple and will only study at the same place. It could come across as quite childlike and may go against you. Are you going to insist an employer takes you both on together?

My husband and I will both be at university this coming September. We are at the same same uni but in different campuses (opposite ends of the city) and on completely different courses.

I think the best you can do is hope that you get in the same place, but if you don't then adapt accordingly. Choose to live somewhere that is commutable to both universities.

Even if you got in at the same university it is highly unlikely you will be on placement together. Given that you are on placement more than you are in university will it really matter which university you are in?

Best of luck x
Original post by redmel1621

Even if you got in at the same university it is highly unlikely you will be on placement together. Given that you are on placement more than you are in university will it really matter which university you are in?

Best of luck x

I think OP meant more about saving money with living costs and only paying half a rent I don't think its about wanting to do everything together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
I think OP meant more about saving money with living costs and only paying half a rent I don't think its about wanting to do everything together

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay.

I would just choose universities that are all located within travelling distance of a central location.

Share the rent and travel to whichever uni you are in.

It won't matter which of the uni's each gets into then

xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending