The Student Room Group

**Official 2016 Banking Graduate Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xenion7
Markets Graduate Programme.

Practice numeracy tests from Kenexa available here. http://www.psl.com/practice/. Would be a good idea to do those and see what you get. I can't imagine the cut-off point being 19/20. Above poster said they only answered 15/20 and got a first round interview. I know Morgan Stanley's cut-off last year for IBD was 14/20. Not sure if it increases for markets.
Reply 61
Original post by Kiltennel
Practice numeracy tests from Kenexa available here. http://www.psl.com/practice/. Would be a good idea to do those and see what you get. I can't imagine the cut-off point being 19/20. Above poster said they only answered 15/20 and got a first round interview. I know Morgan Stanley's cut-off last year for IBD was 14/20. Not sure if it increases for markets.

I am 100% sure my score was 18/20.

The feeling when you know for sure the answer is not the same as if you try to guess the answer.

For example at Credit Suisse I passed the test and it was very very similar, I even got a bit more difficult questions at CS's test.

In any case, I can't do much now...
Reply 62
Original post by Xenion7

The feeling when you know for sure the answer is not the same as if you try to guess the answer.

For example at Credit Suisse I passed the test and it was very very similar, I even got a bit more difficult questions at CS's test.

For spring/summer week/internship, I used to get rejections in less than 24h from DB even though I'm pretty sure I scored 18+/20.

I have applied for graduate job now and have been in the system for 3 days :biggrin:. Hopefully will get an interview...
Reply 63
anyone applying for Risk? :K:
(edited 8 years ago)
So I have just applied to DB for the compliance division and answered all questions but one. I'm so scared it is unreal! Really want this job.
It was kind of hard though. Fingers crossed.
Anyone know the pass mark?
Original post by Xenion7

I don't mean this in a snarky way but instead of assuming how you did, why not just do the sample test provided by Kenexa to get an honest insight into how you you do on the numericals.
Reply 66
Original post by F4N
Does GS recruit on a rolling basis?

Yes
But Uou get fast tracked if you have been referred

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nehemiah'sFaith
So I have just applied to DB for the compliance division and answered all questions but one. I'm so scared it is unreal! Really want this job.
It was kind of hard though. Fingers crossed.
Anyone know the pass mark?

Hi,

Firstly, I hope you pass the test !

Could you give me an insight into the type of questions the DB numerical asked for, i.e. were there more on percentages, ratios?

I ask because I find the DB numerical is normally much harder than most other banks and that their pass mark is usually higher as well. Therefore, any insights would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone done the Citi Numerical Test? Can't remember the provider but it was neither Kenexa nor SHL and was a lot harder than i expected...
Reply 69

to be safe make sure you score 20/20, 100%
Original post by london__
Anyone done the Citi Numerical Test? Can't remember the provider but it was neither Kenexa nor SHL and was a lot harder than i expected...

TalentIQ. I've heard it's adaptive, not sure if that's correct. If it's adaptive it will always be hard no matter how good you are as it's designed to be challenging for all candidates. You're then assessed by what difficulty level in question you reach. If it's not adaptive, then yes it's just a very tough test provider.
Original post by Aenigma
Yes
But Uou get fast tracked if you have been referred

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know whether any one referred had already received first round? tks
out of curiosity - has any one had first round interviews yet?
Reply 73
Original post by rd2213
Lazard, Goldman and Credit Suisse are also open. Already had my second round interview scheduled for Lazard as their app process is done super early

Would you mind sharing the kind of questions you got in the Lazard first round interview?
Reply 74
No grad positions at Greenhill next year? What about RBS and RBC?

Good luck everyone!
Still haven't heard from GS... It's been over a month for compliance. Don't know if I should be worried.
Original post by hansworst
out of curiosity - has any one had first round interviews yet?

I've a first round for DB next week. As said above, Lazard have been doing first rounds for a few weeks now. Haven't heard of any other banks yet.
Reply 77
Anyone got any info on Lazard first round interview questions?
Reply 78
I've a first round for DB next week. As said above, Lazard have been doing first rounds for a few weeks now. Haven't heard of any other banks yet.

When did you guys apply who've already got interviews and AC's? August? or from previous internships fasttrack?
Original post by IBIB
When did you guys apply who've already got interviews and AC's? August? or from previous internships fasttrack?

Applied roughly 2 weeks ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending