The Student Room Group

**Official 2016 Banking Graduate Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frottnex
Hey guys, what are the chances of landing a full-time gig in London with 3 M&A internships (2 of which at BBs) in Frankfurt from a non-target university. Is it worthwhile applying?

I'd say it's not worth it. If you're stupid enough to need validation that you are worthy despite having 3 fancy internships then you are missing a screw somewhere.
Original post by kbb08123
I'd say it's not worth it. If you're stupid enough to need validation that you are worthy despite having 3 fancy internships then you are missing a screw somewhere.

Fair enough, I guess I was a little unprecise.
As you know you are only allowed to do one application per recruiting season and I really don't want to waste that shot. I know I will get my interviews with basically every BB in Frankfurt but I am really clueless about London.
Oh that is harsh! I've got an assessment centre with FactSet, and had an interview with Accenture but still waiting on the outcome.
I've got a couple of outstanding applications that i'm waiting on anything from but i've given up hope on them. What about you?

Heard anything yet?

Been checking hourly and have just emailed HR too.

Best of luck.
Original post by neddricofthetenth
Heard anything yet?Been checking hourly and have just emailed HR too.Best of luck.

I just got an email. Unfortunately i didn't get it! Best of luck to you though!
I just got an email. Unfortunately i didn't get it! Best of luck to you though!

Yeah same here. No feedback either.
Yeah same here. No feedback either.

Sorry to hear that mate. I'm a bit down about it all. I'll just need to start looking and applying again. I kinda stopped when this came up.
Sorry to hear that mate. I'm a bit down about it all. I'll just need to start looking and applying again. I kinda stopped when this came up.

I reckon they hadn't bothered notifying unsuccessful applicants until I emailed Jennifer there.

Sucks for both of us. I thought I had a small chance, but the presentation was a pure disaster. Am really gutted about this one. And it makes it worse knowing there is no chance of feedback.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh it really sucks having no feedback. I thought such a respectable company would. Never mind. Do you have a plan?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh it really sucks having no feedback. I thought such a respectable company would. Never mind. Do you have a plan?

Such is life.

The plan is tomorrow am meeting up with a mate and we are having a blow out. Then, start looking for whatever is out there. I saw earlier on this thread Morgan Stanley have opened up ops roles. Will have a look into that.

Also looking at doing a masters in information keeping at Glasgow. There is a lot of demand for record keeping now with the Scottish government. But, the thought of another year at uni, followed more job hunting doesn't feel good right now. Especially after being so close with JPM.

Have you heard back from any other of your applications?
Goldman compliance rejection earlier today.
Such is life.

The plan is tomorrow am meeting up with a mate and we are having a blow out. Then, start looking for whatever is out there. I saw earlier on this thread Morgan Stanley have opened up ops roles. Will have a look into that.

Also looking at doing a masters in information keeping at Glasgow. There is a lot of demand for record keeping now with the Scottish government. But, the thought of another year at uni, followed more job hunting doesn't feel good right now. Especially after being so close with JPM.

Have you heard back from any other of your applications?

I'm also getting drunk with my friend tonight!
I've not heard anything back; i'm going to send off an email to their HR departments and see what's happening.
I also saw the Morgan Stanley applications were opened up so i started that application too but have not submitted it yet. I feel really determined to get something now, don't you?
There's commodity trading houses, shipbrokers....finance is not just IB guys...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also getting drunk with my friend tonight!
I've not heard anything back; i'm going to send off an email to their HR departments and see what's happening.
I also saw the Morgan Stanley applications were opened up so i started that application too but have not submitted it yet. I feel really determined to get something now, don't you?

Just started the MS application today. Just the job specific questions I've still to do. Which take the longest. Any idea when the deadline is?

Had to just get away from it for a week as that was a mighty kick in the backside last week.

Any news on other applications?
Just started the MS application today. Just the job specific questions I've still to do. Which take the longest. Any idea when the deadline is?

Had to just get away from it for a week as that was a mighty kick in the backside last week.

Any news on other applications?

I've totally taken a week off too mate. I've done everything except the questions for MS too, i was hoping to get round to them but i just put it on the back burner. They look really hard and time consuming.
I've been invited to an assessment centre for FactSet and for Accenture which is exciting. That's all the news. What else do you have going on?
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask you an advice.

Would you think that after a 6 month internship in M&A at a Tier1 bank in Milan I could be eligible for next year's graduate program or you think it would still be better to apply for Summer Internships?

Many thanks in advance!
Anyone heard back from off-cycle internships yet?
Original post by PrincePauper
There's commodity trading houses, shipbrokers....finance is not just IB guys...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

I want to go into finance but don't much about commodity trading houses/shipbrokers, how exactly would I get a job at one of these places straight out of uni and where can I find information online about these places? I just don't feel like I see many graduates go into these roles as IB gives you really good opportunies coming out of the jobz
Original post by TheEssence
Goldman compliance rejection earlier today.

Sorry man! Did you secure anything ?
Original post by Thomas0509
Legal & Compliance

Did you secure anything?!
Original post by Nehemiah'sFaith
Sorry man! Did you secure anything ?

Haha, yeah I did! We spoke about it last year via PMs! Congrats again on your offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending