The Student Room Group

What would you want to know in year 12?

Hi my younger sister is just starting year 12 in September and i want to give her some advice about applying to university.

What do you wish you knew about applying to university when you were in year 12? Or what do you want to know if you're going into year 12???

thaaaaanks
Um well my school did this thing where they got people in the grade above us (year 13) to give us advice about what they wish they had known etc. Going into year 13 now I can safely say that for me personally and for the majority of people who spoke to us the main thing is honestly about balance and not procrastinating because it is only going to get more difficult (optimistic, I know) but yeah to basically just stay afloat and not drown in your studies or school life. I would also recommend to do any extracurricular work that you may need for uni (internships, volunteering) in year 12 because there will be VERY little time the following year, so best to get the majority of that out of the way. Hope this reply was helpful, ahah. xx
That's great, thank you :smile:
At my sixthform we had the year 13s tell us about their year 12 experience and how you should prepare yourself for the unknown etc.
You can go to uni with a BTEC too.
Put your heart and soul in and get a little bit of it back on results day (maybe).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending