The Student Room Group

I'm on holiday on results day!!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arfah
I want to go to uni in London now :sad:

Think about it carefully and think about why u chose the universities first and why ur having second thoughts. Yeh getting people to help you would be a bonus. The app is called clearing 2015 I think. But Yh if u need help just give me a shout

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by The_Blade
you confident you will get your firm? what course is it? obv the more competitive course the less spaces after 2 days. also the uni matters aswell but i wont ask :smile:

callin is pref but you can email too!

It's law and politics at grades AAB. I am confident but you never know with arts subjects. The answers are so subjective. Alright might email if I can't call them :sad:
Reply 22
Original post by claireestelle
If your absolute sure, have a look to see if your course is in clearing for London universities although this would change by results day when Unis know for definite whose in and hasn't got a place but I will give you some idea.
I d recommend you get yourself a sim on 3 it doesn't cost any extra to use in Spain

I checked and my course is in clearing. Just want to reject my UNis now.
Original post by quentinhamilton
Me too but my results will be online

I'm hoping mine will be online too.
Original post by arfah
I checked and my course is in clearing. Just want to reject my UNis now.

I'm hoping mine will be online too.

There's no guarantee it still will be on results day but if your certain you don't want your firm and insurance might as well give them a call today:smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Pikachu94
Think about it carefully and think about why u chose the universities first and why ur having second thoughts. Yeh getting people to help you would be a bonus. The app is called clearing 2015 I think. But Yh if u need help just give me a shout

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the app and thank you. :sad: :hugs:
Going for SOAS I see:smile::wink:.What made you change your mind from Cardiff to London ?
Original post by arfah
Got the app and thank you. :sad: :hugs:

What college in manchester do you go to?
What one of the previous posters said, you can have someone pick them up for you. Write your head of year an email now, tell them your situation and who will come to pick your results. On the day, the person will have to bring some sort of ID to verify them, maybe even a letter written by you just in case your head of year does not get the email.

Good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
There's no guarantee it still will be on results day but if your certain you don't want your firm and insurance might as well give them a call today:smile:

No I can't do that because there's no guarantee that the course will be there! Exactly
Reply 29
Original post by Kadak
Going for SOAS I see:smile::wink:.What made you change your mind from Cardiff to London ?

London is the big city. :love:
Reply 30
Original post by Logolept
What one of the previous posters said, you can have someone pick them up for you. Write your head of year an email now, tell them your situation and who will come to pick your results. On the day, the person will have to bring some sort of ID to verify them, maybe even a letter written by you just in case your head of year does not get the email.

Good luck.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by arfah
No I can't do that because there's no guarantee that the course will be there! Exactly

you need to have a good think about it really, yes its risky but if you 100% dont want to go to your firm or insurance then its the best option unless you d want to take a gap year.
Reply 32
you need to have a good think about it really, yes its risky but if you 100% dont want to go to your firm or insurance then its the best option unless you d want to take a gap year.

I'm not 100% yet but I'm thinking. Thanks a lot for your advice :colondollar:
I'm on holiday as well - I signed a document which allows my friend to pick up my results for me. Then I guess they can read them to you over the phone or whatever. :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I'm on holiday as well - I signed a document which allows my friend to pick up my results for me. Then I guess they can read them to you over the phone or whatever. :smile:

Yeah I'll most likely ask my friend to pick them up anyway just in case I can't see them online
One thing to remember if you switch at this stage, especially switching to London, is the availability of accommodation. Some universities might have space in Clearing but wont be willing or able to offer rooms in halls. London unis rely on most Clearing applicants being Londoners already with no requirement for accommodation.

Did you previously apply to SOAS and then decline an offer from there? While it's too late to swap your firm at this point (the deadline is midnight tonight and you need agreement from all your unis - F, I and the uni you want to swap to) you might find that if you've previously applied SOAS would be willing to make you an offer via email to reassure you enough to get placed into Clearing. I'd recommend speaking to them ASAP about their vacancies, how likely they are to be in clearing for your course and the sort of grades they'd be looking for. If they can make you an offer in principle then that removes a lot of the risk and means you don't have to wait for results day to sort this out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending