The Student Room Group

Could I get an A grade taking three A levels in one year? (AS and A2)

Hello there! I am from Scotland so A levels are very confusing for me, I left in S5 (second last year of school), I do not have any highers (a higher is a little bit easier than an A level). I want to take on three A levels online with the open college, which is both AS and A2 in the one year, is this extremely hard or is it doable with the right amount of study? I would study full time. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Jamie
Original post by jamie056
Hello there! I am from Scotland so A levels are very confusing for me, I left in S5 (second last year of school), I do not have any highers (a higher is a little bit easier than an A level). I want to take on three A levels online with the open college, which is both AS and A2 in the one year, is this extremely hard or is it doable with the right amount of study? I would study full time. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Jamie

If you believe you can manage then go for it. I sat 12 A Level exams this year and managed. What subjects are you wanting to take? The work load will be more for some subjects, like maths and chemistry, compared to others. I'd suggest looking at what you'll be learning, and make a yearly planner so you're prepared :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sssssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaalllllloooooooooooooooottttttttttt
After I completed my A Levels, I went back and did AS and A2 Biology in one year to meet my degree requirements. I'm still waiting on results (fingers crossed!) but it was about 6/8 hours a week for that one subject. 18/24 hours a week is definitely doable if you can stay focused, but make sure you stay right on track from the beginning and plan your hours well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest