The Student Room Group

Eurgh Microgynon and sickness :(

So basically, it has been 7 days since i have been taking Microgynon 30 ( combined pill) and i take it at night just before sleeping, makes it easier for me to remember to take it. 2 hours later, i get really bad stomach pains coz of hunger and tend to feel sick because i haven't eaten anything.
i dont get why this is happening, should i just carry on eating the tablet and it should wash away soon, as i have just started taking the tablet for the first time.

Does anyone have this problem too?
and im ive heard that it also increases the breast size, after how long does it start. i cant wait for that :P:tongue:.. coz am tiny :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, it has been 7 days since i have been taking Microgynon 30 ( combined pill) and i take it at night just before sleeping, makes it easier for me to remember to take it. 2 hours later, i get really bad stomach pains coz of hunger and tend to feel sick because i haven't eaten anything.
i dont get why this is happening, should i just carry on eating the tablet and it should wash away soon, as i have just started taking the tablet for the first time.

Does anyone have this problem too?
and im ive heard that it also increases the breast size, after how long does it start. i cant wait for that :P:tongue:.. coz am tiny :frown:

I didn't have Mycrogynon but I had another combined pill and found that it made me feel constantly nauseated, it can in some people be a reaction to the hormones. Maybe try taking it in the morning instead as that will make it easier to eat if you do start to feel sick.

If you can stick with it for a couple of cycles then that would probably be a good thing and it might resolve. In my case it didn't so I switched to a progesterone only pill which didn't give me the nausea.
Reply 2
I take Microgynon 30 and have done for around 2 years now.
What I'd recommend is taking it in the morning right after you wake up as part of your morning routine so your breakfast protects your stomach. If I ever have to take it at night, I get nauseous too, so I think it just easily irritates your stomach when you're empty.
Try taking it in the mornings, and if you feel fine then continue with it like normal. If this doesn't work then a combined pill might not be right for you.

Oh and prepare to be disappointed with the breast growth thing. That was a big incentive to take it for me too, but when nothing happened I ended up doing a lot of forum based research and talking to other girls who take it. Seems like on the combined pill, the big breasted girls get even bigger (and hate it), while the small breasted girls who might appreciate the boost stay the same, presumably as a result of the tissue being less hormone receptive a lot of the time.
I don't take it anymore but with the sickness I used to have this problem.

I have always taken mine in the evening or before bed. In short normally it's the first two or three days that in the morning would make me feel very nauseous but I found that if I ate before bed it would help a lot sometimes meaning I'd feel fine in the morning.

I'd been sort of on and off the pill for years and one time I started again and I forgot how nauseous it made me feel in the morning and it made me throw up in the morning because I didn't eat before bed. But I think that was because it was a new packet after I'd not taken the pill for several months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Blear
I take Microgynon 30 and have done for around 2 years now.
What I'd recommend is taking it in the morning right after you wake up as part of your morning routine so your breakfast protects your stomach. If I ever have to take it at night, I get nauseous too, so I think it just easily irritates your stomach when you're empty.
Try taking it in the mornings, and if you feel fine then continue with it like normal. If this doesn't work then a combined pill might not be right for you.

Oh and prepare to be disappointed with the breast growth thing. That was a big incentive to take it for me too, but when nothing happened I ended up doing a lot of forum based research and talking to other girls who take it. Seems like on the combined pill, the big breasted girls get even bigger (and hate it), while the small breasted girls who might appreciate the boost stay the same, presumably as a result of the tissue being less hormone receptive a lot of the time.

i went to the doctor and they changed me to yasmin, hopefully this works better :smile: coz with microgynon, i have this period like stomach cramps all day long :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest