The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Chemistry Unit 2 Grade Boundary Predicitions

Poll

What mark will an A be?

Post and also vote what you think the grade boundaries will be for an A in Edexcel AS Chemistry Unit 2 (GCE)! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The exam was a lot easier than previous years so it will be higher in my opinion, I'm hoping for an A though.
Reply 2
Original post by rj9719
The exam was a lot easier than previous years so it will be higher in my opinion, I'm hoping for an A though.

Really? Many people in my school thought it was average, maybe even harder than some past papers. I would say between 61 and 64 for an A.
Reply 3
Original post by GrandMasti
Really? Many people in my school thought it was average, maybe even harder than some past papers. I would say between 61 and 64 for an A.

I honestly thought it was a lot easier than some past papers, it may just be because it had more of the stuff I was better at in it.
I too thought this exam was quite easy. What are your thoughts on the unit 1 exam? Easier than unit 2?
Reply 5
Original post by thedylanman
I too thought this exam was quite easy. What are your thoughts on the unit 1 exam? Easier than unit 2?

Unit 1 was so much easier, this year feels like the easiest year ever. The only one I'm 100% sure I got wrong was the one with the triple bonded nitrogen I think.
Original post by rj9719
Unit 1 was so much easier, this year feels like the easiest year ever. The only one I'm 100% sure I got wrong was the one with the triple bonded nitrogen I think.

Having checked the official mark scheme, I realised I dropped lots of silly marks for the unit 1 paper and I feel that lots of other people would have done so too.
Reply 7
Original post by rj9719

Which question?
Reply 8
Original post by GrandMasti

67/68 for an A
Reply 9
Original post by rj9719

triple bond nitrogen? Did you do International A levels?
It wasn't in my UK paper
Reply 10
Original post by C0balt
triple bond nitrogen? Did you do International A levels?
It wasn't in my UK paper

No, there was this on the paper. It was a triple bonded something, may not of been Nitrogen but it was on the last page, you had to draw the movement of electrons during bonding.

I done UK AS-Level paper.
Reply 11
Original post by rj9719
No, there was this on the paper. It was a triple bonded something, may not of been Nitrogen but it was on the last page, you had to draw the movement of electrons during bonding.

I done UK AS-Level paper.

And you are talking about unit 1 right? For non +5hrs R paper or international paper, last question was about enthalpy change

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by C0balt
And you are talking about unit 1 right? For non +5hrs R paper or international paper, last question was about enthalpy change

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, Unit 1.
Reply 13
Original post by rj9719
Yes, Unit 1.

You probably did R paper because the UK paper had nothing about triple bond in the last question and it was entirely enthalpy change

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by C0balt
You probably did R paper because the UK paper had nothing about triple bond in the last question and it was entirely enthalpy change

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't do Enthalpy changes in unit 1, and I'm not even sure it was triple bonded, I just remember bonds and arrows to draw.
Reply 15
Original post by rj9719
You don't do Enthalpy changes in unit 1, and I'm not even sure it was triple bonded, I just remember bonds and arrows to draw.

Are you sure you did Edexcel because Edexcel unit 1 always has enthalpy calculation and very last question this year was energy level diagram

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by C0balt
Are you sure you did Edexcel because Edexcel unit 1 always has enthalpy calculation and very last question this year was energy level diagram

Posted from TSR Mobile

I done AQA, I see my mistake oops
Reply 17
Original post by rj9719
I done AQA, I see my mistake oops

Hahaha makes sense :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by C0balt
Hahaha makes sense :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I must commit seppuku now, I have failed :ashamed2: