The Student Room Group

How to confront my boss

I've got a bit of an issue and I really wanna kill someone. My boss basically ordered presents for everyone except for mine even though i'd sent a list to him.

I asked him where my gifts were and he just said "Sorry it was forgotten, i'll do it later. He's lying as in saw in his email inbox that he'd read everyone's message except mine.

He never does anything that I request of him. I need to ask 3 or 4 times to get something simple done. I've applied for loads of jobs but no luck yet. I really detest the management there and the fact that I always get looked over and no one wants to sit next to me.

I try hard to make friends and take an interest in people but I'm always forgotten. Things like this make me wanna kill myself cos i'm sure nobody will even notice or care.

How do i confront him without getting myself fired, being arrested or seeming like a little bitch? I hate it when i feel like this as I feel that my feelings are not valid or real and that i am imagining things.
Reply 1
Did you make sure you included your own name on the list?
Just hand in your notice...how much do you need this job that you're willing to stay in it even though it's making you suicidal? Leave - it's awful you feel like this!
Original post by Anonymous
I've got a bit of an issue and I really wanna kill someone. My boss basically ordered presents for everyone except for mine even though i'd sent a list to him.

I asked him where my gifts were and he just said "Sorry it was forgotten, i'll do it later. He's lying as in saw in his email inbox that he'd read everyone's message except mine.

He never does anything that I request of him. I need to ask 3 or 4 times to get something simple done. I've applied for loads of jobs but no luck yet. I really detest the management there and the fact that I always get looked over and no one wants to sit next to me.

I try hard to make friends and take an interest in people but I'm always forgotten. Things like this make me wanna kill myself cos i'm sure nobody will even notice or care.

How do i confront him without getting myself fired, being arrested or seeming like a little bitch? I hate it when i feel like this as I feel that my feelings are not valid or real and that i am imagining things.

Tell him what you told us, bar the killing and suicide bits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Edo123
Did you make sure you included your own name on the list?

Of course i ****ing did! I saw it together with everyone else's name. Mine was the only one that was unread.
Reply 5
Original post by stargirl63
Just hand in your notice...how much do you need this job that you're willing to stay in it even though it's making you suicidal? Leave - it's awful you feel like this!

I would but I have not been able to find another job. I don't wanna be unemployed as it's really depressing.
Original post by Anonymous
I would but I have not been able to find another job. I don't wanna be unemployed as it's really depressing.

You're not going to need a job if you end up committing suicide. You don't live to work. Most important thing is health and well being. NOT your job.
Reply 8
I don't understand what happened...what's the deal with the 'presents' thing??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending