The Student Room Group

MSc Marketing - Which universties should I go to?

Hello guys,
I'm thinking of taking a postgraduate taught course in UK majoring Marketing. I've had some on the list such as Kent, UEA, Aston, Sussex and some more. Considering my "oversea" status (I'm from Asia), tuition fee is somehow the most important factor. Would you guys please recommend some universities with pretty good reputation (I might come back to Asia when I finish the course) and costs <16k? It would be amazing if they also offer some scholarship.

Thank you :smile:
Have a lovely day.
Reply 1
Look at FT's(Financial Times) ranking for business schools. Also, since you would be going back to your country, try to find out which British universities are known to your local employers. Unfortunately, for some countries, that means universities which share names with popular premier league clubs, rather than those with good rankings and programs.
Reply 2
Original post by EmmaTg
Hello guys,
I'm thinking of taking a postgraduate taught course in UK majoring Marketing. I've had some on the list such as Kent, UEA, Aston, Sussex and some more. Considering my "oversea" status (I'm from Asia), tuition fee is somehow the most important factor. Would you guys please recommend some universities with pretty good reputation (I might come back to Asia when I finish the course) and costs <16k? It would be amazing if they also offer some scholarship.

Have a lovely day.

FT is a guide but they focus more on MBA and Economics, which is not necessarily helpful to help deciding regarding Marketing. I'd say in the UK you can find plenty of good ones from the more expensive to the range you are looking for.

Imperial College and CASS if you want to go to London. 2nd choices being King's College and Queen Mary.

Outside London you'd find plenty of top ones: Reading, Bath, Birmingham, Lancaster, Newcastle, Durham, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Aston, Cranfield, Warwick, Manchester, Leeds. It will depend on how much you want to pay and what you are looking for. Any of these ones are good enough I'd say. All with well regarded Business Schools and/or Dept of Mkt.
Reply 3
Thank y'all so much for the information.
:smile:
I've just joined this forum, so not sure if you are still looking, but have you looked at Manchester Metropolitan University? There is an MSc Marketing and MSc Marketing (Communications). Manchester is a great city, and there are lots of students there. Fees are a little lower than at many of the other universities.
Portsmouth University - MA Marketing

University Of Derby - MSc Marketing Management

Brighton University - Marketing (Branding and Communications) (MSc)

Nottingham Trent University -MSc Marketing

London South Bank University - Msc International MarketingWhich one is better?

Has anyone gone to these unis? any advice
Original post by EmmaTg
Hello guys,

Have a lovely day.

Try Manchester Metropolitan University - Manchester is a great city to study in. Quite applied and up to date courses in Marketing and Marketing (Communications). Wide variety of students on the courses. You also work with clients on a live client brief, which will help you to get a job. Here are the links
http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/2016/13459/
http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/2016/13394/
Original post by EmmaTg
Hello guys,

Have a lovely day.

Hi,

Thanks for considering studying with us. Postgraduate fees for this year are slightly over your £16,000 budget at £17,350. However, you may be eligible for a scholarship of up to £5000.

I strong suggest you check the scholarship status for applicants from your country on our webpages.

Also, if you have any questions i'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local, so i should be able to answer anything you can throw at me Aston or student life related.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Josh
Reply 8
Which is a reputable (and inexpensive) university for MSc Marketing in London? I have offers from QMUL, Brunel, goldsmiths And Loughborough London campus. And I'm so confused 😞
Just to let you guys know this thread is more than a year old. :ninja2:

Original post by Naba.A
Which is a reputable (and inexpensive) university for MSc Marketing in London? I have offers from QMUL, Brunel, goldsmiths And Loughborough London campus. And I'm so confused 😞

In terms of how reputable it is...
1. Loughborough (Based on the university as a whole, not on the campus)
2. QMUL
3. Goldsmiths
4. Brunel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending