The Student Room Group

Rejected From Firm

So I only have a firm choice but if I don't get into that university I don't really want to go anywhere...

So come results day if I find I haven't been accepted could I apply for an Apprenticeship? Or would it be too late?

Thanks

Want to study Film
(edited 8 years ago)
You could do the Open University if you still want a degree.
Reply 2
Original post by Spinnerette
You could do the Open University if you still want a degree.

Never heard of that :redface:

Just had a look and they don't do my course
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hot_Potato
So I only have a firm choice but if I don't get into that university I don't really want to go anywhere...

So come results day if I find I haven't been accepted could I apply for an Apprenticeship? Or would it be too late?

Thanks

I'm exactly the same, love my firm and I don't have an insurance, but you could try clearing in August just to see, you might love a place :smile:
Reply 4
Write down a list of universities you could call up on results day, so you have a backup plan. Its best to do it beforehand, so you can research them properly.
Reply 5
Original post by Clytaemnestra
I'm exactly the same, love my firm and I don't have an insurance, but you could try clearing in August just to see, you might love a place :smile:

I wouldn't want to go anywhere else :frown: I will apply through clearing to same university if not I don't know what I'll do
Reply 6
Original post by NOONA.
Write down a list of universities you could call up on results day, so you have a backup plan. Its best to do it beforehand, so you can research them properly.

Yes I know, I done the same before applying but this university is very good for what I want to do

Thanks

Hey man, not all doom and gloom, your firm may have your course in Clearing (or something very similar), so worth calling on the day.

As for apprenticeships, well worth looking into, is there a particular field you are interested in?
Reply 8
Original post by Paulwyn
Hey man, not all doom and gloom, your firm may have your course in Clearing (or something very similar), so worth calling on the day.

As for apprenticeships, well worth looking into, is there a particular field you are interested in?

I've had a look and they seem to be in clearing but the course is usually over subscribed.

Film :smile: preferably more practical
I've had a look and they seem to be in clearing but the course is usually over subscribed.

Film :smile: preferably more practical

take a look at this https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch has pretty much every vacancy available.

Good luck!
Hey!

First don't fret, many are in the same position as you including some of my friends so people do sometimes not choose an insurance university. I would advise you to see what happens on results day, if you get in, great! problem sorted but if you don't then you could go to Clearing and see what's on offer (Clearing is open now). A friend of mine was rejected from a University for Child Nursing but was accepted at the same institution for Adult Nursing so you could always look at similar or alternatives?

Additionally, if you don't want to go to University, you could take up a School Leaver Scheme but I'm not sure when the average deadline date is for such schemes. Apprenticeship is also another alternative. You could also take a gap year out, work/volunteer/do whatever you want and then reapply and resit if you don't do as well as you had hoped.

But don't worry, many are in the same boat as you.

Good luck!
Original post by Paulwyn
take a look at this https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch has pretty much every vacancy available.

Good luck!

Thanks I'll have a look!
Original post by 345423KNL
Hey!

First don't fret, many are in the same position as you including some of my friends so people do sometimes not choose an insurance university. I would advise you to see what happens on results day, if you get in, great! problem sorted but if you don't then you could go to Clearing and see what's on offer (Clearing is open now). A friend of mine was rejected from a University for Child Nursing but was accepted at the same institution for Adult Nursing so you could always look at similar or alternatives?

Additionally, if you don't want to go to University, you could take up a School Leaver Scheme but I'm not sure when the average deadline date is for such schemes. Apprenticeship is also another alternative. You could also take a gap year out, work/volunteer/do whatever you want and then reapply and resit if you don't do as well as you had hoped.

But don't worry, many are in the same boat as you.

Good luck!

Thanks I'll have a look at that too :smile: hopefully I'm worrying over nothing and good luck to you too :smile:
Apprenticeships are a year round thing so they're always an option.
Original post by RowanB
Apprenticeships are a year round thing so they're always an option.

Do you know any sites? Because https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk doesn't seem to have anything film related

Thanks

Want to study Film

We have some fantastic film courses and some of the best studios and student facilities in the country here at Birmingham City University. Give our Clearing line a call on 0121 331 6777 to see how we can help you.

Good luck!

Kate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending