The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

HELP..! Can you apply for a different University course once you graduate?

I am studying at the University of Westminster and will graduate in 2017. I am studying Commercial Music BA Honours Degree.

I was wondering, after I have completed the course and graduated in 2017, am I able to apply to study for a different course?
Reply 1
Yes you are able to apply for a different course once you've graduated however you will have to pay for the fees and cost of living as student finance doesn't support 2nd degree. There are some small exceptions though.
Detailed here http://www.nus.org.uk/en/advice/money-and-funding/ive-already-got-a-uk-honours-degree--can-i-get-funding-for-more-higher-education/

There is nothing stopping you from doing a Masters in a different subject if you want to though. You would probably be able to get some funding/sponsorship to do so and that would only be 1 year (full time) and you'd gain a higher qualification.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by danniecouzins
I am studying at the University of Westminster and will graduate in 2017. I am studying Commercial Music BA Honours Degree.
I was wondering, after I have completed the course and graduated in 2017, am I able to apply to study for a different course?

Hi there I hope you are enjoying your Commercial Music course up at Harrow. Technically it is possible to study for a second degree after you graduate however you cannot apply for another student loan if you have already taken a loan out for your Commercial Music course. This means you will have to pay the full tuition fees yourself.

However from September 2016 the Government is introducing new Postgraduate loans for Masters students for up to £10,000 which you may be interested in. If you are under 30 then you will be eligible to apply. We also offer a 15% Alumni discount on FT and PT Masters course for students who have studied their Undergrad at Westminster. Enjoy the summer break!

Kim :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending