The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Firhill Court 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm staying in Firhill too! I'm studying History and Politics, doing Philosophy as my third subject :smile: it's so irritating how we don't have our flat numbers yet! I want to know who I'm going to be living with, but we don't find out until we turn up on the day
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by 08cardwellj
I'm staying in Firhill too! I'm studying History and Politics, doing Philosophy as my third subject :smile: it's so irritating how we don't have our flat numbers yet! I want to know who I'm going to be living with, but we don't find out until we turn up on the day

Yes I'm annoyed by that too! I can't figure out if they've allocated the rooms already or if that happens as we get there. And also there's no way of knowing who you'll be with.
Original post by Brodieh88
Hi everyone, I am also staying in firhill court this year and am very excited about meeting everyone! Just a few questions regarding he flat. I saw online that the flat has no hoover, is this correct? Also is here an iron and ironing board available in the flat? Just wondering what stuff to buy haha! Also does anyone know what room they are in?

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm gonna be staying at firhill as well with the aim to study neuroscience. I hope it's as good as it looks because I'll be coming from London and would like to be comfortable in Scotland. Is Glasgow as rough as people make it out to be?
Original post by S.Braxton
I was just thinking the same thing. I'm gonna be staying at firhill as well with the aim to study neuroscience. I hope it's as good as it looks because I'll be coming from London and would like to be comfortable in Scotland. Is Glasgow as rough as people make it out to be?

I know it looks great I hoped it doesn't disappoint when we arrive. No not really. It's like everywhere, it had its rough parts and you do have to be quite wise but if you're sensible enough you should be fine. I love with Glasgow. I don't live there but I visit it frequently! It's great for shopping and food and drinks!
Original post by Brodieh88
I know it looks great I hoped it doesn't disappoint when we arrive. No not really. It's like everywhere, it had its rough parts and you do have to be quite wise but if you're sensible enough you should be fine. I love with Glasgow. I don't live there but I visit it frequently! It's great for shopping and food and drinks!

Yeah I'm so excited now. I feel as though I'm gonna be bringing to much.
Original post by 08cardwellj

I'm going to be doing the exact same subject combinations and also staying at Firhill court!!! Feeling quite apprehensive about starting uni ...Would be nice if we bumped into each other
Hello, I'm firhill court too. My subjects are chemistry, psychology and then I have a semester each of maths and forensics! Anyone else really sporty and looking to joining sports clubs or perhaps a local crossfit club? Is it true there's no toaster?! I genuinely thought there would be one!!
Original post by lucozade_head
I'm going to be doing the exact same subject combinations and also staying at Firhill court!!! Feeling quite apprehensive about starting uni ...Would be nice if we bumped into each other

i changed to theology rather than philosohy, but still it would be nice! im feeling apprehensive too tbh, but i think most people will be!
Original post by gymnast007
Hello, I'm firhill court too. My subjects are chemistry, psychology and then I have a semester each of maths and forensics! Anyone else really sporty and looking to joining sports clubs or perhaps a local crossfit club? Is it true there's no toaster?! I genuinely thought there would be one!!

What do you plan to do at. I'm doing Biology, psychology and science fundamentals with the aim to do neuroscience at the end.
Also can't wait to meet people.
@Jma2014 is there a lot of storage space for clothes and stuff?
Reply 50
Original post by S.Braxton
@Jma2014 is there a lot of storage space for clothes and stuff?

Storage space isn't too bad
You get a cupboard which is a decent size and also 3 drawers connected to the table which are quite big
Reply 51
When is everyone moving in?
I was thinking of moving in mid-freshers week... Not too sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by Jma2014
When is everyone moving in?

I'll be moving in on the very first possible day which is the 11th. For some odd reason I want to be the first one there. Do you know if they allocate the rooms upon arrival or they have them set from the moment you accept you offer? It seems weird we don't have our flat numbers at least.
Reply 54
Original post by MagyH
I'll be moving in on the very first possible day which is the 11th. For some odd reason I want to be the first one there. Do you know if they allocate the rooms upon arrival or they have them set from the moment you accept you offer? It seems weird we don't have our flat numbers at least.

They have them set already because last year when I got there they gave me an envelope which had my name and room number
I think the university residential services allocates rooms and they tend to try to put mature students together (over 21s)
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know what size the beds are? I need to buy sheets!
And which dates we need to make our rent payments on too... Budgeting is fun.
(edited 8 years ago)
3/4 size bed so it's best to buy sheets for a double bed. I'm not sure when you ought to pay rent but all I know is that you have to do it online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm moving in the Sunday so the 13th. And I think it's at the end of September that we have to make payments.
Who's in Firhill court and what's it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending