The Student Room Group

Work America 2016 BUNAC?

Anyone done this in previous years or thinking about doing it?
Reply 1
Original post by GarethThomas_
Anyone done this in previous years or thinking about doing it?

I'm getting into my final year this year, been thinking about doing that after graduating... what about you?
Reply 2
Hey Guys,

Don't forget, this opportunity is only available to you as a student due to visa restrictions, you need to experience it before it's too late! Our Work America 2016 programme is opening in September so apply early to increase your chances of securing your job next summer!

You can find out all about past BUNACers who've been on the programme in our blog section here.

Any questions about the programme just let me know!

Thanks,

Sam
I really want to do this, just got to wait for my student loan to come in so I can pay the deposit!! :smile: Where in America do you want to go??
Also thinking of doing this.. not 100% sure atm though
Reply 5
Original post by jessicapatullo
I really want to do this, just got to wait for my student loan to come in so I can pay the deposit!! :smile: Where in America do you want to go??

I'm thinking either somewhere near New York or California, heard Ocean city is pretty decent too!
Original post by b_ng
I'm thinking either somewhere near New York or California, heard Ocean city is pretty decent too!

There's a facebook page:Work America 2016 BUNAC if you guys want to join
Reply 7
Original post by GarethThomas_
There's a facebook page:Work America 2016 BUNAC if you guys want to join

is there? I only found a 2015 one :s-smilie:
I have joined the group not been accepted yet though as its a private group! I think Ocean city would be sooo goof because then you travel around the east coast after :smile: I am thinking Washington DC, New York and Boston after and maybe a trip to Canada!
Reply 9
Original post by jessicapatullo
I have joined the group not been accepted yet though as its a private group! I think Ocean city would be sooo goof because then you travel around the east coast after :smile: I am thinking Washington DC, New York and Boston after and maybe a trip to Canada!

Only found a 2015 group oh well.. I did DC and New York in March, absolutely loved it, especially NY, will definitely go back :smile: depending if I can afford it, I'd like to travel around California as well. Just got off the phone with Bunac today, they've merged the essential package with the ultimate one and it's £599 now - hopefully I can afford it hah
seen quite a few bad reviews for this and a lot of the good ones seem to be from fake accounts, not sure if I should still do it
Reply 11
Hey Everyone! This will be my fourth year doing Bunacs Work America program! I've loved every year, and bunac have always been great in the end. As long as you complete the paperwork correctly you won't run into any issues! I've been working in New York since I joined the programme in 2012, so give me a shout if anyone is interested in working in New York!
Reply 12
is it too late to apply for this now?
Reply 13
Original post by dunksy18
is it too late to apply for this now?

don't think so, a lot of people in the program are still searching for jobs so you won't be that far behind if you apply now :smile:
Hey guys,

I'm a little late on the uptake and have only applied now.

I put down my £50 deposit but is there anything else I should be doing??

Also, can I volunteer at a legal firm for work experience whilst I'm working.. I'm second year of Law and this would really help my CV.
Can anyone tell me about the eligibility? I know that it obviously says that it is only available to students enrolled in university, but do they need proof? I ask this because I am taking a year out due to personal reasons, but I am due to start a degree afterwards. My girlfriend will be finished her degree the summer before I start. Would it be impossible to lie and say we are both in the middle of our degrees? Or would we be caught out? Please, no smart replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending