The Student Room Group

Interview Dress

I've just been invited for my first interview for a graduate position in a couple of weeks, and the dress code for this is "professional".

I own a couple of jackets that are appropriate (a black blazer, a blue blazer and a tweed blazer) and one white shirt, though I'm not 100% sure how this currently fits me. I also have one or two reasonably smart black skirts, but I feel they may be an inch or two short for the dress code. So I'm looking mostly at dresses and skirts that I can get that I can wear for this - and hopefully other - interviews also. But I'm finding it a little difficult to find anything appropriate and within my price range (hoping to not spend more than £40 at the very most).

So, any advice on where to get good, fairly cheap, suitable interview clothing?
M&S
Slaters
For my interview I wore a grey blazer, black troussers and a pink shirt underneath (all from h&m). Could have worn a white shirt and black pencil skirt with a black blazer instead.

I find that with interviews, it is essential to wear something that looks smart, but is also something you can feel comfortable in. For instance, if you're a girl who isn't used to wearing dresses and skirts so much, then wear troussers instead.

Hope that helps.
Reply 3
Don't know what you really want, and high quality dress generally is expensive. Even though from China, if you want the right dress, the price should be 100 pounds or more.

Quick Reply

Latest