The Student Room Group

What A-Level do you regret taking the most?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Naomi 2709
English Literature

Why so? :L What texts did you study?
physics, dont think i like it enough to pursue it at a2:s-smilie:
Original post by AnonPosters
I regretted ever taking chemistry. Worst subject ever!

Agree here! It's so boringggg imo
Reply 83
Original post by an.enigma
What A-Levels did you take and which did you dread the most? :^_^:

GERMAN!!!

Good god! I died at the thought of having to write my essays or speak in German.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy learning a new language, it was just that the A2 topics were just so dull. One section of the course was literally, Pollution, Energy Sources and Recycling. DEAR GOD! WHY DID I DO GERMAN INSTEAD OF DRAMA!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? *promptly lies on bed, face first into a pillow and cries about regrets in life...*
Reply 84
Original post by Mesosleepy
OCR ICT, more like printscreen and write why it looks appealing. ****ing waste of time

AGREED!!!

Tell me about it! All it felt like I was doing with my lunch was ICT coursework or past papers.... Urgh, regrets, but it isn't as bad as German...
Reply 85
I did maths and the sciences.. I don't really regret any, but if I had to pick one, then I'd say physics simply because I lost interest towards the end of the year and didn't put in as much work..
History :mad:
Original post by 8wraemm
AGREED!!!

Tell me about it! All it felt like I was doing with my lunch was ICT coursework or past papers.... Urgh, regrets, but it isn't as bad as German...

I blame my ICT teacher for making it enjoyable at GCSE. GODAMMIT
Hehe, I know. XD I don't want to be spending around £9,000 annually only to be told those who did apprenticeships are now earning more than me.

It's alright. Thank you for all the help!

LOL exactly :sigh:
aw no prob.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Hariex
Would you mind telling me how you found A2 Further Maths? I am taking AS Further Maths and everyone I have spoken to says that the A2 is considerably harder than the AS. Why is this? (Also, did you take Maths at university?)

I did Maths and FM AS and A2 last year; this year I did Philosophy, and so I am not yet at University (my degree is comp sci single honours with extra maths modules).

As for A2 FM, it is harder because units FP2-3 are noticeably harder than every other unit, and also the more advanced applied modules (stats, mech) can get quite heavy going. AS FM only contains FP1 and some earlier applied modules, and so it is generally considered to be easier.

My experience of A2 FM was overwhelmingly positive: the extra pure modules bring added depth to your knowledge to the point where you start to feel that the subjects you have been looking at until that point are all inter-connected - it is a 'eureka' moment of sorts when that happens; it also gives you a chance to do a significant amount of applied maths - I did S1-4, and those last couple of modules confirmed to me that I wanted a career in financial mathematics.

If you have strong mathematical skills (with perhaps only the more conceptually unusual questions posing some difficulties), I strongly believe that A2 FM will give you great insight into how you wish to pursue the subject in the future.
Maths.
Why did i ever choose it?
Definitely ENGLISH LITERATURE !!!! HATE WJEC :frown:
English Language!
It was an awful subject to learn as it was quite subjective, so if my teacher didn't agree with my ideas it would be wrong in her opinion!
Complete waste of time!
Original post by VannR
I took Maths, Further Maths and Philosophy; I have no regrets whatsoever.

What's philosophy like? Thinking of taking it for A-level.
Reply 95
Original post by VannR
I did Maths and FM AS and A2 last year; this year I did Philosophy, and so I am not yet at University (my degree is comp sci single honours with extra maths modules).

As for A2 FM, it is harder because units FP2-3 are noticeably harder than every other unit, and also the more advanced applied modules (stats, mech) can get quite heavy going. AS FM only contains FP1 and some earlier applied modules, and so it is generally considered to be easier.

My experience of A2 FM was overwhelmingly positive: the extra pure modules bring added depth to your knowledge to the point where you start to feel that the subjects you have been looking at until that point are all inter-connected - it is a 'eureka' moment of sorts when that happens; it also gives you a chance to do a significant amount of applied maths - I did S1-4, and those last couple of modules confirmed to me that I wanted a career in financial mathematics.

If you have strong mathematical skills (with perhaps only the more conceptually unusual questions posing some difficulties), I strongly believe that A2 FM will give you great insight into how you wish to pursue the subject in the future.

Thanks for your response. I was interested by your subject choice since in Year 13 I might well be doing Maths, FM and Philosophy and Ethics, providing I don't get ruined by AS FM.
Reply 96
Art. To me, it makes further Maths look so easy and normal Maths a joke -.-
What exam board? :O

I think edexcel
English lit but it depends on your syllabus
Original post by _Charlotte15
What's philosophy like? Thinking of taking it for A-level.

I did philosophy and i'm now studying it at degree level in King's College! Its really tough (I wont lie) and a lot of reading involved. I'd say its a mixture between History, Politics, English Language & Law.

Quick Reply

Latest