The Student Room Group

St. George's University of London Medicine applicants 2016 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Are there many Americans in your class?
Hey, this is really good information! Thank you!
I appreciate your honesty about Tooting. I think going about only during day hours
is a nice solution to any potential danger/crime going on there.
I am in the United States and I am worried about how the evaluation of my application is going, there is just nothing I can do at this point, so I guess not know
even when they will get back to me is the tough part.
I understand interviews begin in December?
Thanks again,

Chris Raabe
Michigan, USA
When do you think SGUL will be sending out interview dates?
Original post by mostpopularnerds
When do you think SGUL will be sending out interview dates?

they use a strict ukcat cut off so probs late november early december
Hey! I recently got an email from SGUL saying that my application would be on hold until they receive my UKCAT results. Does anybody know when the UKCAT scores will be sent out to the universities? Thanks!
Original post by khaopoad
Hey! I recently got an email from SGUL saying that my application would be on hold until they receive my UKCAT results. Does anybody know when the UKCAT scores will be sent out to the universities? Thanks!

tomorrow
Original post by khaopoad

Hello!

According to the UKCAT website, they send out your results to universities by the first week of November (see here for the UKCAT website). That means it could be this week - so good luck!

Good luck with results!

TMP
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hello!

According to the UKCAT website, they send out your results to universities by the first week of November (see here for the UKCAT website). That means it could be this week - so good luck!

Good luck with results!

TMP

Thank you!
Reply 88
Has anyone received an interview for A100 for SGUL?
What do we think the UKCAT cut off will be this year?
Original post by emma_1111
What do we think the UKCAT cut off will be this year?

My guess is between 2550 to 2560
Original post by APPLICANT2016
My guess is between 2550 to 2560

Hopefully
Hopefully

Hey have you guys received any emails after that "the next stage of tge application process" one? I got that yesterday. Its the third email I've gotten from st georges
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Hey have you guys received any emails after that "the next stage of tge application process" one? I got that yesterday. Its the third email I've gotten from st georges

Yes I got that too! Do you think it's a standard email?
Yes I got that too! Do you think it's a standard email?

I have no idea haha...
I got that email too! I think it's a standard email.. :frown:

Maybe because they're having a large number of candidates asking about the UKCAT - just a thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup I'm pretty sure it's a standard email, I got that too and so did everyone I know who applied there!
Does anyone know if they have now received the UKCAT results yet? If so any knowledge of the cut off score.. Or is it still a bit too early? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by chris2016
Hi,
I am a US student applying to the postgraduate medical degree in surgery at SGUL. If anyone can give some advice or a voice of experience, that would be most appreciated! Thanks, Chris R

Its not in Surgery to start with, its a MBBS which is essentially a bachelor of medicine and a bachelor of surgery combined. Normally referred to as Medicine generally or GEP for the graduate entry.

I'm applying for GEP too after 4 years already at george's (BSc + MRes) but not hopeful, they cut the number of GEP places in half last year (its around 40 or 50 now) and their interview is brutal.
Reply 99
Original post by apuleius
Hello! Sorry have been drowning in revision :smile: The course is different to other unis; you start the week on a Thursday with a Case Based Learning exercise, which for your first term is with different professions (physios, radios, healthcare scientists, medics etc) and then you learn information for that case over the week with dissections, lectures, clinical skills sessions, interactive sessions. It's a VERY hands on course right from day one, so if you are in the deep end but it makes you more social and just better at doing the interactions! The lecturers are really good! The anatomy lecturers and the pharma lecturers are amazing, and then most of the other lecturers are also excellent, and they make really good presentations and record their lectures as well which is helpful. There are some lecturers who make you want to curl up and die but you adjust...Tooting is really odd. It's a dodgy area not going to lie, but everything's cheap and the people are alright during the day. It's only about 20 minutes from central as well so you can still get the 'London Experience' without having to pay London prices. The food is hands-down the best thing about Tooting, because it's all really cheap and actually quite decent. We also have a massive Primark which is perfect for fancy dress parties!

This is bull****, lived and studied in Tooting for four years, never had a problem (and the area has drastically improved during my time there).

It's not wimbledon but it's also not mile end. It's fairly normal place for a big city.

Unfortunately it isn't cheap unless you're only comparing it to the rest of London. average rent for students is around £120/week and average pint is around £4/5 (unless you only go to the SU).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending