The Student Room Group

St. George's University of London Medicine applicants 2016 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

URGENT
hi guys, i was just wandering about the DBS. I'm really confused about the certificate thing. I sent my DBS off yesterday ( late i know)- when do they send you the certificate. then what hapens?

thanks
also where did everyone get their BCG vaccines?
Original post by douglaswill
URGENT
hi guys, i was just wandering about the DBS. I'm really confused about the certificate thing. I sent my DBS off yesterday ( late i know)- when do they send you the certificate. then what hapens?

thanks

How did you apply for your DBS check, St george's hasn't sent me an organisation pin,
Original post by douglaswill
also where did everyone get their BCG vaccines?

If you were born in the uk, you probably had it done when you were a baby
Original post by aahmed1
How did you apply for your DBS check, St george's hasn't sent me an organisation pin,

in the original email it gives me a pin number.
And it would seem there is a national shortage of BCG vaccines, so it will be sorted out after enrolment.
Has anyone heard back from the people at accommodation? My application for a room at Horton Halls felt like it was taking forever and I just rang up only to find that I've been placed on a waiting list because there are no rooms left :frown:
Original post by qazzaqipoo
Has anyone heard back from the people at accommodation? My application for a room at Horton Halls felt like it was taking forever and I just rang up only to find that I've been placed on a waiting list because there are no rooms left :frown:

Mine still says 'awaiting verification' so we're probably in the same boat. Why haven't they sent us anything on alternative accomodation like they said they would? Surely landlords will rip us off if we have to rent privately at such short notice
Reply 1607
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Yeah I just noticed that :tongue:

Btw I just got an email about DBS checks, have no idea how to proceed yet though.
Have you got it figured out?

You just follow their guide! Sorry about the late reply tho :smile:
Original post by RS6
You just follow their guide! Sorry about the late reply tho :smile:

It's alright, turns it doesn't even apply to me because I'm an international :tongue:
Going to have to wait for that....
My accommodation application still says 'awaiting verification' and I'm not sure what to do. The uni hasn't sent anything about alternative accommodation either. Any suggestions?
I don't know if there are any current, existing SGUL medics who could help me, but I'd be so grateful if you could answer some questions for me 😬😬😬

I know that we aren't meant to get books before we start, but I just wanted to know if we /would/ be getting books during our first year and how much do you remember spending on them?? And aside from the books - and club memberships, I think?? - are there any other fees that we need to pay??? 😕😕

Also, what time do classes normally start and finish?? Do we come in Mon-Fri?? Because I think I saw at least one day off a week in the example timetable??

Thanks so much in advance!! 😊😊
Original post by Jameshughes100
My accommodation application still says 'awaiting verification' and I'm not sure what to do. The uni hasn't sent anything about alternative accommodation either. Any suggestions?

Email them?
Hello! I know many of you may be inactive on this now, but I'm guessing some of you on here had an MMI at SGUL. Is there any way you can reply to this or message me privately so you can give me advice on the MMI's? I've heard they're hard and even though I haven't got an interview offer yet I'm nervous!!
I got 3A*,5A, 2B (Bs were in Maths and physics and A* were in english lit and lang and german), I have a predicted IB score of 36. Therefore I fit their requirements (but exactly - one less point in my IB or gcses and I wouldn't have) do I have a chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending