The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2016

Hello all,

Welcome to the thread. I believe this is the first thread for the NHS Graduate Management Training scheme 2016.

I am a potential applicant for the 2016 intake and I am currently accessing the practice tests online. I hope that you find this thread useful and you find answers to your questions.

This is the link for the previous year:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2972457

Good Luck with your applications!

L.Jane :-)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anybody been through the NHS HR Management scheme? Any insight except of what is online? Any tips?
Reply 2
Hi There
I am planning on applying for the 2016 intake when it opens in October. It sounds like quite an intense application process with four stages. But from what I have heard and read the NHS graduate management scheme sounds very good indeed. Can't wait till it opens soon.

I currently work for the NHS already as a secretary. It's good to have some knowledge of the NHS already.

It will be great to hear from other people who are wishing to apply for the scheme or previous trainees.
Hi! I'm planning on applying also, for the Health Informatics stream. It sounds like a really great graduate program, with good benefits and perks as well as lots of training. Really hoping I get a place! :smile:
Hi all,

I'm a current trainee on the scheme. I'll pop-in from time-to-time to support as I can. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by TheRealDave
Hi all,

I'm a current trainee on the scheme. I'll pop-in from time-to-time to support as I can. Good luck!

Do you know any former healthcare professionals (nurses, doctors, physios etc) on the scheme? I'm considering applying straight out of nursing school - on the off chance, since it's been my dream career for years and I was always going to go for it eventually - and I'm wondering if many other people make the same switch.
Reply 6
Hi I am also thinking about applying for the training scheme for 2016- it does look like a long process. Can you please let me know where I can access the practice tests online. Good luck with everything thanks Emma
Reply 7
Original post by Raducan
Do you know any former healthcare professionals (nurses, doctors, physios etc) on the scheme? I'm considering applying straight out of nursing school - on the off chance, since it's been my dream career for years and I was always going to go for it eventually - and I'm wondering if many other people make the same switch.

I am a nurse. :-)

I'll be applying for the General Management Scheme.

L_Jane
Hi. I was wondering if there was a thread for this. Very happy to see there is. I'm applying for General Management. I'm so glad I know about this scheme as I applied for the CSFT (and was subsequently declined), but I was hoping to be put with the Department of Health should I be successful...

Got another few Graduate schemes to apply for but this was has my interest at the moment.
Reply 9
I am planning to apply for this. I am correct in thinking that it's not open for applications yet, aren't I? Looking at the website it just seems to say "Applications to open in October 2015".
Reply 10
Original post by Saisi
I am planning to apply for this. I am correct in thinking that it's not open for applications yet, aren't I? Looking at the website it just seems to say "Applications to open in October 2015".

Week commencing 19/10/15. :-)
Reply 11
Thanks, saves me checking every day!
Reply 12
So I've just tried applying but my application has been marked as unsuccessful after completing the honesty policy and eligibility questions. As far am I am aware I met all the honesty and eligibility criteria, has anybody else experienced this?
Reply 13
The exact same thing happened to me! What stream were you applying for? I have emailed the team to query it, as far as I'm aware I meet the criteria!
Reply 14
Original post by Maria.cm
The exact same thing happened to me! What stream were you applying for? I have emailed the team to query it, as far as I'm aware I meet the criteria!

This has also happened to me. I am applying for the General Management stream. As far as I know I answered all of the questions correctly in order to meet the criteria - am hoping it is just an issue with the site?
Reply 15
Original post by HG92
This has also happened to me. I am applying for the General Management stream. As far as I know I answered all of the questions correctly in order to meet the criteria - am hoping it is just an issue with the site?

Hope so! I've emailed the team so will let you know when they respond
Reply 16
This happened to me - I panicked and rang the recruitment hotline and he said he'd get the IT guys to look into it - this morning I got an email saying my application had been rejected in error and to try again :smile:
Reply 17
It seemed to work fine for me, I'm now "on hold" at the Application Under Review stage (6th bit of the flowchart, before Permission to Work in the UK) - is this where others have got to?
Reply 18
Original post by ejoaks
This happened to me - I panicked and rang the recruitment hotline and he said he'd get the IT guys to look into it - this morning I got an email saying my application had been rejected in error and to try again :smile:

Me too! So happy it was an error, I was really worried!
Original post by TheRealDave
Hi all,

Wahoo! Thanks. Are you close to your location preference?

Original post by Steerm
So I've just tried applying but my application has been marked as unsuccessful after completing the honesty policy and eligibility questions. As far am I am aware I met all the honesty and eligibility criteria, has anybody else experienced this?

It was an error with the new system and we can continue with our applications :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending