The Student Room Group

Will you upgrade to Windows 10?

Poll

Will you upgrade to Windows 10?

Will you?

EDIT:

People having Nvidia driver issues http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-how-fix-nvidia-driver-issues-after-upgrade-1513643

Win10 FAQ answered by Linus :smile:

[video="youtube;fkyWon1-z30"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyWon1-z30[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes, why not? At the moment I'm using Windows 8.1 so I feel I have to upgrade because it's not as stable. Even if I was on Windows 7 I would want to because it's just too old.
Yes, got the insider preview and quite like it
I've reserved my download but I think I will wait for others to install it and see what they have to say. If its crap I will know not to install it
Reply 4
Original post by scriberg
Will you?

Not sure, don't like Windows 8 so if 10 is them going further towards touchscreen I won't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
i really hope it wont turn out like the time i upgraded form Win8 to 8.1, it took just under 4 hours to complete the installation
Reply 6
I quite like windows 8.1 so if it's gonna be more like 7 I'm not sure I will
Windows 10 is quite nice. Didn't take too long to install and doesn't involve too much faffing and I really prefer it over windows 8.1. It doesn't seem so bodged.
Yes because it has to be better than 8.1. 8.1 is ****ing **** :colonhash:
Reply 9
Original post by cupcakes87
Yes because it has to be better than 8.1. 8.1 is ****ing **** :colonhash:

they thought vista would be better than xp, how wrong were they :lol:
Reply 10
Aye. Im on Windows 7 Pro at the moment, so I reckon its time for an upgrade. May VM my Windows 7 at that point.
I didn't even know there was a Windows 10 :colondollar:

I quite like Windows 7 tbh so not yet. But I also need to get a new laptop so I'll probably get Windows 10 on that one.
Original post by SiminaM
I didn't even know there was a Windows 10 :colondollar:

I quite like Windows 7 tbh so not yet. But I also need to get a new laptop so I'll probably get Windows 10 on that one.
I like Windows 7, but 10 will be better for most uses.

For people concerned about touchscreen-ness, it's not as bad as 8 and 8.1 were. I have been using it on both my laptop and my tablet since the Insider programme first kicked off last year, and the interface of the build that's going to be released has been tuned very well for both types of user.

So, yes. I've been running Windows 10 since September, and am happy to be using it. It beats the crap out of Windows 8.x.
Reply 13
Original post by Tootles
I like Windows 7, but 10 will be better for most uses.

For people concerned about touchscreen-ness, it's not as bad as 8 and 8.1 were. I have been using it on both my laptop and my tablet since the Insider programme first kicked off last year, and the interface of the build that's going to be released has been tuned very well for both types of user.

So, yes. I've been running Windows 10 since September, and am happy to be using it. It beats the crap out of Windows 8.x.

So they've gone back to proper operating systems? Yay!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
they thought vista would be better than xp, how wrong were they :lol:

lmao you have a point there! :lol:
Reply 15
Original post by A5ko
Aye. Im on Windows 7 Pro at the moment, so I reckon its time for an upgrade. May VM my Windows 7 at that point.

Original post by cupcakes87
lmao you have a point there! :lol:

the good thing is you'll be able to revert back to your previous OS within 30 days if you don't like WinX
the good thing is you'll be able to revert back to your previous OS within 30 days if you don't like WinX

are you sure?
Been running the preview for 3 months now, so needless to say I will be upgrading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending