The Student Room Group

University of Exeter (Penryn Campus) or Nottingham University for Business/Management

Scroll to see replies

There is no difference between the degrees whatsoever, it's just a different course at a different campus. Maybe it's to do with more focused teaching, more time in workshops to help plan essays etc. that help get better grades. The marking is moderated by main campus and is often sent off to other unis for moderation so they can't be easier.
Original post by GemmaConlin
There is no difference between the degrees whatsoever, it's just a different course at a different campus. Maybe it's to do with more focused teaching, more time in workshops to help plan essays etc. that help get better grades. The marking is moderated by main campus and is often sent off to other unis for moderation so they can't be easier.

And at Streatham, work is sent off to academics from Oxford and Cambridge to be moderated. It must mean a 65% at Exeter is the same as one from Oxbridge.

Dream on.
Original post by Bobby Schamouth
And at Streatham, work is sent off to academics from Oxford and Cambridge to be moderated. It must mean a 65% at Exeter is the same as one from Oxbridge.

Dream on.

There is no point trying to debate this with you, you don't seem to get that there is no difference in easiness (I have friends on the same course at Exeter and the only difference is topics)
Original post by GemmaConlin
There is no point trying to debate this with you, you don't seem to get that there is no difference in easiness (I have friends on the same course at Exeter and the only difference is topics)

No, the difference is that the majority of people at Penryn couldn't get into Streatham. To suggest that your friends at the real campus are doing the same course as you the same degree of difficulty is laughable. If you lot get the same rate of 2.1s+, the course is obviously easier.
Reply 24
Original post by mizzsnazzter
This is incredibly biased, and I'm sure you could take some very equally glossy exciting facts from the Nottingham website too

For example, Nottingham is the most targeted university by employers etc.... I'm sure every university can reel off stats or facts that work in their favour, you've just got to see past the glossy sales pitch and look at them both unbiasedly - a good place to start would be unistats, have a look at the number of 1sts/2:1s from each course, the average starting salary, student satisfaction etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. If you compare those points you mentioned,you will see Exeter is ahead.

Quick Reply

Latest