The Student Room Group

Called in for an interview at McDonald's HELP!

I've been looking for a job since FOREVER and I checked my email today to see that i've been called in for an interview at McDonald's so i need help what do i need to expect on the day?
Original post by Jerry
I've been looking for a job since FOREVER and I checked my email today to see that i've been called in for an interview at McDonald's so i need help what do i need to expect on the day?

They will most likely ask you things like why you want to work at mcdonalds, what qualities you have to have to work with customers etc. They will also ask you stuff about 6th form/college, your availability, etc.
The interview will be with one of the managers- usually either the business manager or the 1st/2nd assistant or someone.
Reply 2
Original post by Jerry

I've been to two McDonald's interview, and they seem to always ask the same typical interview questions:
1) Tell me about yourself
2) Why do you want to work here?
3) What are your strength and weaknesses
4) Give me an example of a difficult situation you've encountered, and how you manage to get out of it
5) What are your interests?
6) What do you like doing at your free time?

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/intervw.htm
http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sk/top-ten-skills.htm (highly recommend you read through all these skills to know how to answer these questions)
Original post by Emma:-)
They will most likely ask you things like why you want to work at mcdonalds, what qualities you have to have to work with customers etc. They will also ask you stuff about 6th form/college, your availability, etc.
The interview will be with one of the managers- usually either the business manager or the 1st/2nd assistant or someone.

Is it true that if you work at McDonalds you get free lunch?
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
I've been to two McDonald's interview, and they seem to always ask the same typical interview questions:
1) Tell me about yourself
2) Why do you want to work here?
3) What are your strength and weaknesses
4) Give me an example of a difficult situation you've encountered, and how you manage to get out of it
5) What are your interests?
6) What do you like doing at your free time?

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/intervw.htm
http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sk/top-ten-skills.htm (highly recommend you read through all these skills to know how to answer these questions)

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by AntonChigurh

Haha I don't work there myself but yes, you get a free meal with every shift and a fairly substantial staff discount (;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AntonChigurh

You usually get a free meal on your break. The policies vary from store to store (some are franchised, some are company owned etc), so depending what store you work in- you might be allowed a medium meal or a large meal. And in some stores you are allowed a desert as well.
I'm the same I have an interview and an on the job evaluation on Thursday and I've never had a job I'm really scared. Is it a group thing will there be lots of other candidates there do you think ? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Shenille98
I'm the same I have an interview and an on the job evaluation on Thursday and I've never had a job I'm really scared. Is it a group thing will there be lots of other candidates there do you think ? :smile:

My interview and OJE is on the same day. My interview is an individual one didn't say anything about a group interview
Really thanks hope it's the same for me never been good at group interviews normal interviews scare me enough let alone group ones.
Reply 11
Really thanks hope it's the same for me never been good at group interviews normal interviews scare me enough let alone group ones.

Good Luck for your interview ! :biggrin::biggrin:
As long as you can display signs of being remotely sentient, you're in :borat:
Original post by Jerry
Good Luck for your interview ! :biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by somemightsay888
As long as you can display signs of being remotely sentient, you're in :borat:

Hopefully thanks
Reply 15
Thank you :biggrin:

Your Welcome!
Reply 16

Hey how did it go did you get the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending