The Student Room Group

First Year Law, is it possible to complete a Language course too?

At my university, they offer 10 x 2 hours course in a language that anyone can take. I did Mandarin at A Level and I really want to continue it at university.

Would it physically be possible to do, though? I have heard Law degree is really hard.
Reply 1
I am definitely going to register for Spanish. It'll be difficult, sure, but still doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'm planning on doing Spanish at uni too! but from when I met law students at universities over the past couple of years they seemed to be able to balance their own lives outside of their course. This meant relationships, part time jobs, societies, sports as well as the demands of extra curricular law activities such as legal clinics and mooting. This was also at Russell group uni's so no walk in the park! (not that law is easy at any insitution)..So considering all this I would think it wouldn't be unreasonable to remain optimistic about doing a language credit on top of a law degree 😊
Reply 3
I'd love to take a language during my first year, is it possible without being overloaded? (I'm not doing law)
Reply 4
Well, I suppose it would depend on the demand of your course, and how well you cope under pressure. However, I would think it possible because 1st year is the least demanding and therefore the best opportunity to try and take on a new skill. Also, how much time the university of your choice recommends/asks you dedicate to the language course. In my personal opinion, the pros outweigh the cons, and if it turns out to be too much, you can always drop the extra workload if necessary (but in good time so you can replace it with something else if needed!)

Quick Reply

Latest