The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Heyy been accepted into York St John this year 🎉

I'm living in Lord Mayors Walk. Anyone there or nearby?

Scroll to see replies

Student Castle....on my own it seems :frown: Is Lord Mayors Walk the on-site accomm??
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Yeah, the semi-catered offer sounds pretty good to me 😊
Woah Student Castle looks great! Didn't even look at that.
It's so sooo cool! Costing me an arm and a leg but there's so much I get for free!! Good luck with the semi-catering...I'm sure it will be delicious :wink:
Hopefully :L what free stuff do you get?
Gym, bike rental, bus pass etc. When you add it all up, its not too bad value for money. I think that might just beat semi-catered food!!! haha
Aha yeah don't rub it in 🙈 what you studying?
But it's just so much fun :wink: Business, yourself?
Graphics 😁
Original post by Kayleigh burton
I'm living in Lord Mayors Walk. Anyone there or nearby?

I'm glad I've found someone else who's going to be living on site as well as going to York St. John as well. My accommodation is Block C at Lord Mayors Walk. Although, I'm catered because nothing good comes out of me in a kitchen 80% of the time.

Surprisingly I'm doing Graphics as well :smile:. Looking forward to it.
Original post by Bryony Neal
I'm glad I've found someone else who's going to be living on site as well as going to York St. John as well. My accommodation is Block C at Lord Mayors Walk. Although, I'm catered because nothing good comes out of me in a kitchen 80% of the time.

Surprisingly I'm doing Graphics as well :smile:. Looking forward to it.

Haha trust me I'm just as bad 😂 trying to learn more over the summer. My fire alarm hates me. I'm in Block H, yeah I'm looking forward to it too 😊 Warren, Duncan and Simon are so down to earth. From my first impressions it beats my last university hands down!
Plus does anyone know about freshers fees or anything along them lines?
Plus does anyone know about freshers fees or anything along them lines?

I know there is a Freshers Fair, but I would believe that fees are up to you - How far will you go with Freshers Week and what you want to involve yourself in, as well as consider York itself. So I would probably say the amount which equates to being prepared for anything if you're cautious like me. People always say that in Freshers week they get completely wasted so in my opinion, fees depend on your nightly activities.

Hopefully this helps. I'm not entirely sure myself. But come prepared and then you'll just have to see. :smile:
Well it's safe to say that I am definitely, definitely on my own hahaha!! How did results go for everyone?
Original post by schmoiggle
Well it's safe to say that I am definitely, definitely on my own hahaha!! How did results go for everyone?

It went extremely well. Achieved an A in Graphic design, B in sociology and D*D*D* for my BTEC extended diploma which I never thought was possible. I'm so glad I got into York and this day is all over. Been up since 5 - so tired.

What about you - hoping that you got what you wanted as well :smile:
I know there is a Freshers Fair, but I would believe that fees are up to you - How far will you go with Freshers Week and what you want to involve yourself in, as well as consider York itself. So I would probably say the amount which equates to being prepared for anything if you're cautious like me. People always say that in Freshers week they get completely wasted so in my opinion, fees depend on your nightly activities.

Hopefully this helps. I'm not entirely sure myself. But come prepared and then you'll just have to see. :smile:

It's probably going to cost me quite a lot then aha and congrats on your results!
Reply 17
Original post by schmoiggle
Student Castle....on my own it seems :frown: Is Lord Mayors Walk the on-site accomm??

Hi i'm actually staying in Student Castle will be on the ground floor. What floor are you on?
It's probably going to cost me quite a lot then aha and congrats on your results!

Although I don't think you'd want to do everything. On the student section of the York St John website there is a list of events going on by the student union. I've seen you have book some of then - I'm not entirely sure myself. So maybe you could plan and then that would estimate your fees. Or just go with the flow of everything and everyone else.
Although I don't think you'd want to do everything. On the student section of the York St John website there is a list of events going on by the student union. I've seen you have book some of then - I'm not entirely sure myself. So maybe you could plan and then that would estimate your fees. Or just go with the flow of everything and everyone else.

Thanks, I'll check it out 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending