The Student Room Group

Dating with stretchmarks

Ok. This is really embarrassing, but I have stretchmarks on my tummy, back and sides from growth spurts during puberty. I HATE them - and they make me really insecure about getting naked in front of new boyfriends. I had a previous boyfriend ask me if I had ever been pregnant when he saw them (I haven't) and since then I've been even more upset by them and mortified when anyone sees them.

I was wondering - for girls, if you have them how do you deal with getting naked in front of new guys? And for guys - would you care if you undressed a girl and saw stretchmarks on her body?

Scroll to see replies

Most guys don't care about stretch marks. Your ex sounds pretty clueless, he should know that not only pregnant women get stretchmarks, even some men have them.
Reply 2
When it comes to physical appearances, honestly, I am a shallow person - but I couldn't care less if a girl had stretch marks or not.
Reply 3
This is no big deal. Bfs will just be glad you're getting your kit of for them :biggrin:
most decent guys will be mature enough to know that everybody gets stretch marks and shouldn't care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Ok. This is really embarrassing, but I have stretchmarks on my tummy, back and sides from growth spurts during puberty. I HATE them - and they make me really insecure about getting naked in front of new boyfriends. I had a previous boyfriend ask me if I had ever been pregnant when he saw them (I haven't) and since then I've been even more upset by them and mortified when anyone sees them.

I was wondering - for girls, if you have them how do you deal with getting naked in front of new guys? And for guys - would you care if you undressed a girl and saw stretchmarks on her body?

Hi, I used to have stretchmarks on my hips and inner thighs and a teeny tiny one on my tummy too... but as i've gotten older (20) they have just completely faded into silver. It does take a long time for them to fade, and I used to hate them too, but you just have to remember that it is purely a layer of skin breaking. It will fade and you won't be bothered anymore. Any guy who thinks less of you for them (plus the douche that said that to you!) isn't worth it. It doesn't make you any less of a person. Try bio oil if you want a faster fading time :smile:
Reply 6
Guys get stretch marks too, an ex of mine had a lot but to be honest I didn't really notice them until he pointed them all out. Wasn't off putting at all. That guy sounds a bit insensitive! If you have a good body that your partner likes they won't focus on something like that. You need to learn to accept your stretch marks and be ok with them.
Reply 7
Anyone worth getting naked for won't care about your stretch marks... every girl gets them (and even some boys) so try not to worry :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phunky_fresh
Most guys don't care about stretch marks. Your ex sounds pretty clueless, he should know that not only pregnant women get stretchmarks, even some men have them.

This. Don't feel insecure OP, most people have a few stretch marks or they don't really care about them.
Reply 9

Turn off the light.

boys get stretch marks too from the gym and various exercising
Just tell the bloke that you have had a baby. They won't care too much about the stretchmarks then.

There is nothing wrong with stretch marks, think of them as something that makes your body even more unique than you are already :smile: if a guy says anything negative about them you get up, put your clothes back on and walk right out of there because he clearly doesn't have any consideration as to whether you'd be offended or not and you should definitely not give him the benefit of being naked in front of him!
Most of us are mature enough to not care.

Or immature enough to not care.

In short most of us don't care.
Lol @ him thinking only pregnant women get them. I have a fair few from gaining and then losing a lot of weight, but I first got them in my early teens from a rapid growth spurt. I know very slim girls with stretchmarks. And I've dated guys with stretchmarks all up their back, or where they've gained muscle.

If a guy says something like that to you don't let it hurt you, he's just an idiot. Stretch marks are a normal part of being a human.
Original post by liquity
There is nothing wrong with stretch marks, think of them as something that makes your body even more unique than you are already :smile: if a guy says anything negative about them you get up, put your clothes back on and walk right out of there because he clearly doesn't have any consideration as to whether you'd be offended or not and you should definitely not give him the benefit of being naked in front of him!

Prsom!
Original post by Zarek
This is no big deal. Bfs will just be glad you're getting your kit of for them :biggrin:

this lol

i know there are some shallow people out there, theres nothing you can do about that

I also once saw an appreciation post for stretch marks saying that people like how they look, like lightning or something I think it was :wink:
You shouldnt be the one to feel embarrassed about your boyfriends comment, its him who was being clueless.... educate your boyfriends
Original post by Bobby Schamouth
Just tell the bloke that you have had a baby. They won't care too much about the stretchmarks then.

Well your cute little comment disappeared, but here was my answer

No, it's classic factual comment. The guy asked her whether she has been pregnant just because she has stretch marks. Any girl, skinny or normal or overweight, pregnant or not can have stretch marks and it is pretty stupid to ask someone if they have been pregnant just because they have stretch marks, as the vast majority of young women who have stretch marks didn't acquire them during prgenancy. Kinda like asking a Muslim if they are a terrorist.

Your comment made absolutely no sense and made me cringe, but I guess as long as you can be nitpicky and PMS-y, it doesn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending