The Student Room Group

Failing a second year module - advice!

So I was just wondering if anyone could put it simply for me..

I'm studying Drama and I have failed a module that is worth 20 credits in my second year, even after resits. But the rest of my modules I passed with at least a 2:1. Am I still able to progress to third year? Will I have to retake this module alongside third year because I absolutely hated it :frown: or how will it effect my degree if I don't?

Thanks!
just ask your tutor :smile:
Completely depends on your uni... look at the resit policies on their website. At my uni, if you fail a resit you're kicked out (UEA)
Reply 3
Thanks guys but I got my results back and I passed it!
Original post by lalalallaa
So I was just wondering if anyone could put it simply for me..

I'm studying Drama and I have failed a module that is worth 20 credits in my second year, even after resits. But the rest of my modules I passed with at least a 2:1. Am I still able to progress to third year? Will I have to retake this module alongside third year because I absolutely hated it :frown: or how will it effect my degree if I don't?

Thanks!

it depends on the uni in my uni you would have to retake it along with third year you can still progress and you can still graduate with a failed unit although you may have to settle for a grade lower than you deserve say a 2:2 not a 2:1 but if you pass it you only need 40% you should be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending