The Student Room Group

Effect of small-medium lies in a relationship?

I'll keep it short.

Me and my girlfriend are both 21, we've been together just over a year. Over the course of the relationship I've caught her lying (about 10-15 occasions) about things that although aren't hugely major, I would classify as above white lies. Such things as: about her savings, about her conversations with other males etc. as well as lying to other people saying we're not together when we are. I have also witnessed her lying to her friends about things that really did not have any justification to be lied about.

I'm trying to convey to her how bad an effect the lies have had on me and our relationship, but can't really seem to put my feelings into words and was hoping someone here could help me so I could show her and maybe help her see. She leaves for university in September and I have told her that because of the lies, it's possible I won't have full trust in her once she goes away, and that that alone could cause our relationship to fall apart.

Help anyone?
My concern would be why does she feel the need to lie? You said she's lied about others about you two not being together - seems a bit odd to me. Does she have something to hide?
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
My concern would be why does she feel the need to lie? You said she's lied about others about you two not being together - seems a bit odd to me. Does she have something to hide?

I'm really not sure, she's telling them these things but our relationship status is clearly visible on various social media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending