The Student Room Group

Bf can act odd sometimes, is it me being too sensitive/making a deal out of nothing?

Boyfriend can be sarcastic and act odd sometimes. He's over 15 years older than me but I feel that I'm often being the mature one by ignoring his sarcasm. It could be to do with sex as it's been months and we haven't had it I've just no sex drive and he has been very patient. He is a decent person but it's like he won't admit to being wrong about anything yet is quick to criticise me. I know that this only shows a tiny bit of what goes on in the relationship and most of the time he is fine but little things can make him 'play up' such as if I don't want to do something or if I'm at a relatives instead of doing what he wants me to do. Is it common for partners to get hung up/grumpy over little things.

Here's an example of what I mean during a text convo after I'd spent the night at his and went home instead of helping at the footy field he helps with, I'd been working all week and wanted time to myself'. Maybe I'm just being soft and it's no big deal just wanted advice though.

In the afternoon
Me: 'Have you finished at the football field Jack, what u up to x'

Him. 'Still busy'

Me: 'ok, just been doing washing etc x'

Him. OOOH you have a hard life x. (he was maybe half joking maybe not lol)

Me: yea, had to walk all the way to the dryer too. Nah done a bit more than that x. (tried to joke a little)

Him: r u making my tea tnite x

Me: what do u want, should I bring u a subway round, or I could take you for a meal x.

Him: 4get it, make my own x. (he obv didn't want either of those meals lol)

Me: ok fine, I'd bring u bolagnase round just looked there's none left tho x

No reply for 3 hours

Him 'r u comming round for a couple of hours kate x

Me yea ok jack, can be there 15 mins x

Him 'make it 10 min if u can x

Me ok x
How old are you both?
Reply 2
I don't see much that's odd in these texts tbh...but then it's hard to gauge from texts. There's no tone so you have to interpret. What is he like face to face? Conversations you've had in the flesh would give us a better idea.
your dad can be sarcastic if he wants np
Reply 4
Original post by The_Blade
your dad can be sarcastic if he wants np

grandad more like!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending