The Student Room Group

Whats You're Phobia ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by william walker
Yeah but the OP hates me though. :frown: So I don't think it is going to work. :colonhash:

This is the internet. It was doomed from the very beginning.
Reply 21
Original post by PrincessAnna
It never ceases to amaze me how prosaic, pedestrian, unimaginative people can persistently pontificate about classical grammatical structure as though it's ****ing rocket science. These must be the same people who hate Picasso, because he couldn't keep the paint inside the lines and the colors never matched the numbers.

if it's so easy
how did you **** it up
Spiders and insects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILovePancakes
This is the internet. It was doomed from the very beginning.

Yeah mainly because she is like 15 and I am like 23. :s-smilie:
The rat thing :rofl:
When I was little, I heard an interview on BBC Radio 4 and the guy said that this happened to him. Ever since I've been incessantly aware of the possibility of a rat jumping out between my legs whilst I'm sitting on the toilet :colondollar: :hide:

:biggrin:

I saw videos on YouTube of rats coming up toilets.

There is one of a cat who shows it who is boss :cool:

Hate rats :frown:
Vomiting
Flying
Death
Agoraphobia

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
mine is snakes (its not that bad) and getting shoved in tight spaces :s-smilie:

wbu ?

"Snakes and getting shoved in tight spaces" - what are you suggesting? :tongue:

For me, cockroaches! They're just so horrible and disgusting! Perhaps not a phobia then, more of an extreme dislike.
Choking on small objects
General fears:

Failing my degree (quite unlikely)
Not getting a job (who knows)
Disappointing my parents :frown:
Not becoming a millionaire
Maintaining my quality of living once I move out (I'm not very competent...)
Dying alone
Dying...
Not having children
Not visiting space
Outliving those around me

Apart from that, it's all dandy :borat:
Why are so many scared of dying? I long for it much of the time. I often think about killing myself. :frown:
The rat thing :rofl:I have never been able to understand the fear of death. It happens to everyone and is perhaps the single thing that you know will 100% happen to you. I can't understand what there is to fear in this; the uncertainty surrounding it surely induces less need to fear?

There's a lot fears I don't understand but death isn't one of them. No one knows what happens when you die so people can be afraid of the unknown and/or fear the pain or even embarrassment that comes with death.
There is also the finality to it, people may be afraid that they won't have accomplished everything they want to in life and may want to make sure any kids they have will be properly looked after. People may also fear never seeing. family members again. Very valid IMO.

Personally my biggest fear is deep water. I can just about deal with being in small boats, but I can't swim very well so I hate the idea of being in a swimming pool or ocean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkMagic
There's a lot fears I don't understand but death isn't one of them. No one knows what happens when you die so people can be afraid of the unknown and/or fear the pain or even embarrassment that comes with death.
There is also the finality to it, people may be afraid that they won't have accomplished everything they want to in life and may want to make sure any kids they have will be properly looked after. People may also fear never seeing. family members again. Very valid IMO.

That's what's scary.

I try and comfort myself by thinking I didn't exist before I was born, so when I die it will be like that. But it's the process of being alive one minute then dead the next that is scary and it's even worse because we know it's coming. It will be here before we know it.
Original post by william walker
Why are so many scared of dying? I long for it much of the time. I often think about killing myself. :frown:

There are always people to listen if you want to talk about anything. Myself included:smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

I saw videos on YouTube of rats coming up toilets.

There is one of a cat who shows it who is boss :cool:

Hate rats :frown:

Why would you torture yourself like that?!

Lol someone went to the toilet with their cat?
Homophobiapobia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkMagic

Personally my biggest fear is deep water. I can just about deal with being in small boats, but I can't swim very well so I hate the idea of being in a swimming pool or ocean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the whole, that isn't fear of death itself or dying though.

Uncertainty and the unknown is the main fear surrounding death, but I'm of the general belief that you just end.. Nothing to fear there imo.
Subjective arachnophobia.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Pretty girls :redface: :frown:

Well every time I see you post something it's always about girls XD
Worms... Idk why :s-smilie: They just give me the creeps.

Other than that, heights, but I #YOLO everyday so it's becoming less and less of a phobia.
mine is snakes (its not that bad) and getting shoved in tight spaces :s-smilie:

wbu ?

insects that can fly...I jump whenever one is around! specifically moths and crane flies but I'm trying to get over this phobia. Also I can't watch horror movies so I suppose that's a phobia too but not a diagnosed phobia, I could just be a wimp... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending