The Student Room Group

Unemployed *need assistance*

Hey guys! My name's Lauren, I'm 17 and finished college 3 weeks ago.
I'm currently unemployed (never had an actual job, only admin work experience) and now that its the summer holidays I'm trying harder to get a job.. but I need some advice/help.
Literally, I've given out 100s of CVs over the past year (and continuously changed it) and still have no luck! I'm the only one out of my friends who are unemployed and it really sucks, especially with my parents constantly bringing me down about it.
I'm looking for work in retail (customer service assistant etc) and need help getting a job with it. I've had customer experience before but it was at a summer fair. So yeah. Could you guys give me tips on how to get a first (summer) job and how to make my CV attract retail recruiters? Thanks so muchhhh ^.^
Original post by thecaramelcat
Hey guys! My name's Lauren, I'm 17 and finished college 3 weeks ago.
I'm currently unemployed (never had an actual job, only admin work experience) and now that its the summer holidays I'm trying harder to get a job.. but I need some advice/help.
Literally, I've given out 100s of CVs over the past year (and continuously changed it) and still have no luck! I'm the only one out of my friends who are unemployed and it really sucks, especially with my parents constantly bringing me down about it.
I'm looking for work in retail (customer service assistant etc) and need help getting a job with it. I've had customer experience before but it was at a summer fair. So yeah. Could you guys give me tips on how to get a first (summer) job and how to make my CV attract retail recruiters? Thanks so muchhhh ^.^

Volunteer! I was in the same situation as you; but I volunteered at a charity shop, marshalling races etc. Since then I've had several interviews and two jobs :smile:
Oh that's kool! Recently I've been ringing a few places asking if they allow work experience and tomorrow I gotta go to a charity shop and discuss it with the manager. Hopefully I'll get a place and it'll boost my luck :')

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending