The Student Room Group

Video editing software?

What video editing software do you suggest to someone who is just beginning to study film?
Reply 1
Original post by chloearchibald
What video editing software do you suggest to someone who is just beginning to study film?

Hi chloearchibald,

I'm currently studying Video Editing at Bournemouth University. I would recommend either Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier to get started - Premier probably being the most accessible of all of them.

These days it's not possible to buy Premier, you have to subscribe to Creative Cloud - it'll cost between £15 and £45 per month depending if you want a whole package including software such as Photoshop and InDesign too.

If you're a student then there are often good student prices for Final Cut - have a look on the Apple UK Store, as well as on somewhere like Amazon.

I'll be completely honest - when I edit basic vlogs I use iMovie! It's very easy to edit straight-forward videos that don't need colour correcting or special effects. So if you have a mac then that's free and worth having.

I hope this helps!

Ali :smile:
Original post by AliBonce
Hi chloearchibald,

I'm currently studying Video Editing at Bournemouth University. I would recommend either Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier to get started - Premier probably being the most accessible of all of them.

These days it's not possible to buy Premier, you have to subscribe to Creative Cloud - it'll cost between £15 and £45 per month depending if you want a whole package including software such as Photoshop and InDesign too.

If you're a student then there are often good student prices for Final Cut - have a look on the Apple UK Store, as well as on somewhere like Amazon.

I'll be completely honest - when I edit basic vlogs I use iMovie! It's very easy to edit straight-forward videos that don't need colour correcting or special effects. So if you have a mac then that's free and worth having.

I hope this helps!

Ali :smile:

Thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending