The Student Room Group

a level certificates early?

Hi

I know results day is on 13th August and the certificates come out in November but is there any way to get the certificates in August? Like would I have to pay more etc? Btw I will be starting a levels biology chemistry math and English language and literature next year I'm talking about the future thanks!
Original post by TheHopefulMedic
Hi

I know results day is on 13th August and the certificates come out in November but is there any way to get the certificates in August? Like would I have to pay more etc? Btw I will be starting a levels biology chemistry math and English language and literature next year I'm talking about the future thanks!

No
The results are not final until after the deadline to request a remark and printing starts after that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
No
The results are not final until after the deadline to request a remark and printing starts after that. There is no process to request early certificates.

So what happens to students who want to apply to eu universities outside of the UK? Because they want to see ur certificates first but the term starts in September? Am I supposed to miss the whole year out?
So what happens to students who want to apply to eu universities outside of the UK? Because they want to see ur certificates first but the term starts in September? Am I supposed to miss the whole year out?

No, you'll probably be able to send in your evidence of qualifications later when they request for it again.

Many EU universities will have had applications from UK candidates and will be aware that final certificates are not generally available until the autumn. Any you apply to will be able to tell you what evidence they will accept from you. I know AQA will send confirmation of your results directly to overseas universities if asked, I assume the other examiners will do the same though this might result in several communications at different times if your school uses different examiners.

Edit: compost has reminded me that early certificates can be requested by the exams officer, I think we tried this once but they eventually appeared only a couple of weeks before they would have done anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi

It's possible to request early certificates if you do it by around the end of June (the exams officer is sent a letter about it every year) but I'm not sure how 'early' early is. However, I very much doubt it's necessary. EU and US universities are aware how our system works and accept the initial confirmation pf grades from schools backed up by later certificates.

Quick Reply

Latest