The Student Room Group

History and Economics combined degree?

Hi

I'm looking to apply to read history & economics as an undergraduate degree in 2016 at a "top" university but the number of places which offer it is limited.

So far I have found that I can apply to Oxford, York and Leeds to do History and Economics as well as Durham to do Combined Honours (and just pick History and Economics). I know LSE offer Economic History and Economics but I'm also interested in the political and social aspects of history so that's not an option.

Does anyone know any other "good" places I could do this combination? (thorough Combined Honours type courses probably...).

I know Exeter offers Flexible Combined Honours but History can't be done with that. I also don't want to go to Scotland (too far and 4 year degree).

I know Reading does it and I might put that as a fall-back as its ABB (I should get at least AAAA, if not A*A*AA)
I know Newcastle does combined honours so perhaps try there? Otherwise, I'd say your choices are all good - you'll do well with a degree from any of them. Oxford is great as usual and York has a very good reputation for both those subjects but I don't know much about Leeds.
Reply 2
Original post by Dylank96
I know Newcastle does combined honours so perhaps try there? Otherwise, I'd say your choices are all good - you'll do well with a degree from any of them. Oxford is great as usual and York has a very good reputation for both those subjects but I don't know much about Leeds.

Unfortunately only history can be taken in Newcastle combined honours, not economics but thanks anyway.

I guess i've got 5 there so that should be fine
Original post by joe*s
Hi

I'm looking to apply to read history & economics as an undergraduate degree in 2016 at a "top" university but the number of places which offer it is limited.

So far I have found that I can apply to Oxford, York and Leeds to do History and Economics as well as Durham to do Combined Honours (and just pick History and Economics). I know LSE offer Economic History and Economics but I'm also interested in the political and social aspects of history so that's not an option.

Does anyone know any other "good" places I could do this combination? (thorough Combined Honours type courses probably...).

I know Exeter offers Flexible Combined Honours but History can't be done with that. I also don't want to go to Scotland (too far and 4 year degree).

I know Reading does it and I might put that as a fall-back as its ABB (I should get at least AAAA, if not A*A*AA)

Manchester offer Modern History and Economics - there appears to be a massive choice of modules with few mandatory courses so you can choose the direction of your degree.

If you are considering Reading as a back-up, then Liverpool, Essex, Keele and Cardiff could enter the discussion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending