The Student Room Group

Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xKay
type "percentage of muslim terrorists" in google

Media.

Yes, because clearly integration and assimilation is dictated solely by terrorist attacks. :colonhash:
Reply 41
Original post by Fango_Jett
Yes, because clearly integration and assimilation is dictated solely by terrorist attacks. :colonhash:

The police officer added: ‘As is clear from the statement of the victim and those implicated, there is no element of a religious or moral element which explains the aggression.’ Despite other police sources telling AFP, France’s national news agency, that it was a ‘banal story of a fight between young girls from rival gangs’, far-right posters took to social media to try and blame it all on Islam.
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Poor girl. I hope she's doing well and recovering.
Disgusting behaviour.

It's also disgusting to see such Islamophobia on this thread. Blaming the majority for the minority's actions.

But it is the religion which preaches this disgust for women who don't dress to what is deemed acceptable. They didn't do this because they came up with the idea of dressing modestly themselves they have been brainwashed to think and act like this just like ever other Muslim. I actually feel sorry for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xKay
The police officer added: ‘As is clear from the statement of the victim and those implicated, there is no element of a religious or moral element which explains the aggression.’ Despite other police sources telling AFP, France’s national news agency, that it was a ‘banal story of a fight between young girls from rival gangs’, far-right posters took to social media to try and blame it all on Islam.

Eyewitness accounts from both the victim and bystanders have all confirmed that it started on the basis of her clothing, after the gang told her to cover herself.
Reply 44
Original post by Fango_Jett
Eyewitness accounts from both the victim and bystanders have all confirmed that it started on the basis of her clothing, after the gang told her to cover herself.

Just a quick point, if these women are allowed to wear what they want, why aren't Muslim people allowed to wear burkhas? Double standards?
Original post by xKay
Just a quick point, if these women are allowed to wear what they want, why aren't Muslim people allowed to wear burkhas? Double standards?

France also bans people wearing swastikas and Nazi clothing. Muslim extremists are not singled out.
Original post by xKay

Because it allows people to conceal their identity and would allow criminals to hide from authorities much more easily by wearing one of these outfits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xKay

1) Burkhas are not the only thing banned. All face covering attire is banned, as it well should. There are security risks associated with the Burkh and other face covering attire.
2) Burkhas perpetuates the segregation and isolationist environment that many Muslims live in, prohibiting their integration and assimilation into western society.
3) The host country should by no means be expected to tolerate clothing that is a symbol of oppression in the eyes of western societies. If you want to live in the west, you had better be prepared to accept the values and morals of the west.
Reply 48
Original post by codegirl
France also bans people wearing swastikas and Nazi clothing. Muslim extremists are not singled out.

Original post by AccountingBabe
Because it allows people to conceal their identity and would allow criminals to hide from authorities much more easily by wearing one of these outfits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh crap i entered an argument on tsr about Islam, better back away now before i get in too deep.
Original post by xKay
oh crap i entered an argument on tsr about Islam, better back away now before i get in too deep.

and am exposed to other views on it.
Original post by xKay

and am exposed to other views on it.:eek:
Original post by xleoanimusx
The actions of the few do not define the many.

In this case they do, all I hear about is Muslims complaining about trivial little things (like being offended by non Hijab wearing people and complaining that not every single shop/restaurant sells Halal meat) and whining about how they are always the victim. I never hear Jews complaining about places not selling Kosher meat, for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
People's faces when it transpires it was by a bunch of prudish Christians.

Still, silly either way, attacking someone in public just because you can't stand the sight of the female form. And society "is the problem", suuuure. Couldn't possibly be irrational contempt for something as normal and natural as...well the human form.

Sorry to break it to you but we already know who it was

But do agree with your sentiment
Original post by The_Internet
The girls themselves could be Muslim and they may have been beaten up by white French guys. SUre, not many Muslims will wear bikinis, but it sure as hell happens...

so some 'could be' and 'may have'

all to ignore the point some muslims DID beat up a women for being immodest
Original post by BaconandSauce
so some 'could be' and 'may have'

all to ignore the point some muslims DID beat up a women for being immodest

Im using the wwme logic as you. It could be anyone. You are the one claiming they were Muslims who beat the girls withour any prior proof...

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Reply 55
They should be outraged, vile behaviour by the attackers.
Original post by xleoanimusx
Just forget it, keep your ignorance, doesn't affect me, I'm not muslim or religious. If you want to assume blame on an entire religious group without ANY evidence whatsoever, you go for it...

Fair play bro
Im using the wwme logic as you. It could be anyone. You are the one claiming they were Muslims who beat the girls withour any prior proof...

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Shall we look at the evidence we do have then.

The girls were attacked for their "immodesty", something that many Muslims often highlight when discussing the west.

The attackers were from a majority muslim area.

The names of the attackers are Ines Nori, Zohra Karim and Hadoune Tadjouri.

So they share muslim views, live in a muslim area and have non typical french names. In fact all them have roots to South East Asia.

I think that gives us a pretty good basis on which to assume that the girls were Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Shall we look at the evidence we do have then.

The girls were attacked for their "immodesty", something that many Muslims often highlight when discussing the west.

The attackers were from a majority muslim area.

The names of the attackers are Ines Nori, Zohra Karim and Hadoune Tadjouri.

So they share muslim views, live in a muslim area and have non typical french names. In fact all them have roots to South East Asia.

I think that gives us a pretty good basis on which to assume that the girls were Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get those names from? And thays not how the law works. They dont work on assumptions. They work on facts... And again thse girls could be muslim too
Where did you get those names from? And thays not how the law works. They dont work on assumptions. They work on facts... And again thse girls could be muslim too

Source on names: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/france-anti-muslim-sentiment-rises-after-woman-bikini-beaten-by-teen-girls-1512855

Since when were we talking about the law?

From what I can tell Angelique Slosse is not a particularly common name for a french Muslim but it could be possible. But I think in the grand scheme it is highly unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending