The Student Room Group

Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini

French social networks exploded with anger after a young woman was reportedly beaten up by a gang of girls and young women for wearing a bikini in a park.
Authorities have not identified the attackers but most commentators have assumed that they were Muslims.

She was sunbathing with two friends in the Parc Léo Lagrange in Reims on Wednesday when one of the women verbally abused her for “immorally” exposing so much flesh in a public place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/public-anger-after-gang-beat-up-french-sunbather-for-wearing-a-bikini-in-reims-park-10417103.html

It seems some are intent on making themselves as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Assuming they are doing it for religios reasons, these morons do realise beating people up is generally frowned upon? Hypocritical morons.
Reply 3
No wonder the French hate muslims.
Reply 4
Maybe they went crazy cuz they were boiling under all that modest clothing.

Edit: whether they really were muslims(it's not known yet) or any other 'moral clothing' religious fanatics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SiminaM
Maybe they went crazy cuz they were boiling under all that modest clothing.

Shouldn't really laugh but :lol:
'have assumed that they were muslims'...what the **** is this ****? How can we just assume that. Until anyone knows who they were, then this topic is void. Don't pin the blame on a group that may not have anything to do with the situation whatsoever until there is evidence......
Original post by BaconandSauce
If it walks like a duck and attacks people for dressing immodestly then it's a safe bet

No. Bull****. That is pathetic logic. This entire post has zero relevance or legitimacy until any evidence is presented. What the hell is wrong with you? And even if it WAS muslims, that doesn't mean they represent every muslim ever...If I attacked someone for not being white, does that suddenly make all white people racist? Nope.
'A safe bet' isn't good enough when you're making accusations...
'The five girls (whose identity is known, I don't know why it said otherwise) said to the three "victims" that the weather was not good for sunbathing and they should dress up. The "victims" said to the "aggressors" that they looked like ugly lorry drivers and that they were jealous. There was a fight between the two groups. As far as we know, that's what the tribunal says that happened (see the article in the well-known newspaper "Le Monde" for confirmation). Nothing to do with religion, its just a silly girls fight. '
Original post by xleoanimusx
'The five girls (whose identity is known, I don't know why it said otherwise) said to the three "victims" that the weather was not good for sunbathing and they should dress up. The "victims" said to the "aggressors" that they looked like ugly lorry drivers and that they were jealous. There was a fight between the two groups. As far as we know, that's what the tribunal says that happened (see the article in the well-known newspaper "Le Monde" for confirmation). Nothing to do with religion, its just a silly girls fight. '

Why are you saying "victim" and not victim?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Why are you saying "victim" and not victim?

Not my words, hence the quotation marks. It's from a source from the article...and also, that isn't the important part. The important part is that there seems to be absolutely no evidence of religious motive so I think you should all probably stop tarnishing muslims for something that it seems they had absolutely no part in.
Not my words, hence the quotation marks. It's from a source from the article...
What article are you referring to? There has only been one article posted in this thread and I cannot find your quote on that article (from The Independent).

you should all probably stop tarnishing muslims

Please show me where I did this.
'have assumed that they were muslims'...what the **** is this ****? How can we just assume that. Until anyone knows who they were, then this topic is void. Don't pin the blame on a group that may not have anything to do with the situation whatsoever until there is evidence......

yes, because white atheists think that wearing a bikini is immoral, and would beat a girl up for wearing one. are you serious?
'(see the article in the well-known newspaper "Le Monde" for confirmation)'
Just forget it, keep your ignorance, doesn't affect me, I'm not muslim or religious. If you want to assume blame on an entire religious group without ANY evidence whatsoever, you go for it...
Reply 16
Original post by Law-Hopeful
What article are you referring to? There has only been one article posted in this thread and I cannot find your quote on that article (from The Independent).

Please show me where I did this.

He wasn't specifically talking to you mate.
Original post by xKay

I'm honestly not even gonna bother trying. This kind of post is what is wrong with the entire world actually. A culture of blame and finger pointing which leads to distrust and fear.
Original post by xKay

"you all" clearly includes me.
Original post by xKay
Is having arguments on tsr your way of practicing for your (i presume) future career?

How is this relevant? :confused:

The user I quoted seemed to accuse me of doing something I hadn't done, so I asked him to substantiate his claims, which he has been unable to do. How this concerns you I have no idea, are you his mother or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending