The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey nursing numeracy and literacy test

Hi,

I absolutely want to go to Surrey to study adult nursing but could I please have some ideas and info on the layout and content of the maths and English tests? Is it difficult? or at GCSE level? What would be the best way to revise for these tests?

Thank you 😊 xx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smartyparty
Hi,

I absolutely want to go to Surrey to study adult nursing but could I please have some ideas and info on the layout and content of the maths and English tests? Is it difficult? or at GCSE level? What would be the best way to revise for these tests?

Thank you 😊 xx

Hi! I have a conditional offer for adult nursing to start sept. Why are you taking the test so late?

The maths test is really easy! You have a calculator so its literally inputing the numbers and signs into the calculator. There as simple as 36 ÷ 4 ect! The english is also easy. I had to write a short essay on where i would like to go on holiday.

X
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by excited 24
Hi! I have a conditional offer for adult nursing to start sept. Why are you taking the test so late?

The maths test is really easy! You have a calculator so its literally inputing the numbers and signs into the calculator. There as simple as 36 ÷ 4 ect! The english is also easy. I had to write a short essay on where i would like to go on holiday.

X

Thank you so much for your reply! 😊 and congratulations for the offer!! Oh it's because I'm going through clearing as I unfortunately don't have any offers😔 but fingers crossed I will get a place! Really?! I thought the tests were going to be more difficult! 😮 how long is it? Does it include topics like fractions?
Reply 3
Hello everyone.pls, i have an interview to study adult nursing at the university of surrey.could someone pls enlighten me on what it is involved and how do i prepare.actually i was given a provisional offer which i have already included in my clearing .

But does it meant that i would be given admission or i have to pass the interview before my provisioner offer would be changed to unconditioned offer.pls i need more information.my interview is next week.thanks
Reply 4
Original post by omodre
Hello everyone.pls, i have an interview to study adult nursing at the university of surrey.could someone pls enlighten me on what it is involved and how do i prepare.actually i was given a provisional offer which i have already included in my clearing .

But does it meant that i would be given admission or i have to pass the interview before my provisioner offer would be changed to unconditioned offer.pls i need more information.my interview is next week.thanks

Hi,

Did you receive an email or phone call or a text message from them about the details of the date and time of the interview? I applied through clearing as well and they just told me they'll let us know later.

Thank you 😊
Reply 5
Hi,

Did you receive an email or phone call or a text message from them about the details of the date and time of the interview? I applied through clearing as well and they just told me they'll let us know later.

Thank you 😊

I called them yesterday to ask if they got vacancies n noted down my results n i was told to cone for an interview only for me to see a mail that i av bn fiven a provisional offer.
Reply 6
Original post by omodre
I called them yesterday to ask if they got vacancies n noted down my results n i was told to cone for an interview only for me to see a mail that i av bn fiven a provisional offer.

Congratulations for the offer!!! 😊 but what is a provisional offer? I had no email sent by them yesterday but just told me to be patient until they send me one.
I have an interview on monday for adult nursing, but there was no specific time on the email i recieved. I am alittle confused why that is? does anyone know why..
Reply 8
Original post by bless1994
I have an interview on monday for adult nursing, but there was no specific time on the email i recieved. I am alittle confused why that is? does anyone know why..

Yeah same! I talked to them on the phone yesterday and said I have an interview on Monday or Tuesday but haven't emailed me at all. I called them up and they said the UCAS system is down.
Yeah same! I talked to them on the phone yesterday and said I have an interview on Monday or Tuesday but haven't emailed me at all. I called them up and they said the UCAS system is down.

oh is it? well I will be going in on monday then. will you be as well?
I don't know if it's on a Monday or a Tuesday because I told them either way is fine. So have they sent you the email yet? I just called them up now and said its because they're really busy; they said they're waiting for clearing close today so they can get in touch with the bulk of the applicants applying to Surrey.
Reply 11
Am having mine on Tuesday
I don't know if it's on a Monday or a Tuesday because I told them either way is fine. So have they sent you the email yet? I just called them up now and said its because they're really busy; they said they're waiting for clearing close today so they can get in touch with the bulk of the applicants applying to Surrey.

ohh clearing closes today is it?

So did you receive the email about the interview? Did you go to the interview today?
Reply 14
I got an email last week.Am going 4 for interview tomorrow
Reply 15

How was your interview
Reply 16
Hurray i got my offer.am so pleased
Reply 17
Can i start to apply for student finance and nhs bursary pls or to wait for the school to send any
information
ohh wow..i had my interview yesterday but havent heard from them quite corcerned now. but the interview was good.
Reply 19
I
ohh wow..i had my interview yesterday but havent heard from them quite corcerned now. But the interview was good.

i did mine today and before i got home i received a mail that i have passed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending