The Student Room Group

Freshers '15!

Hey guys!
It's the run up to uni and im interested to hear people's experiences in regards to freshers? any advice or tips on what to take? what was freshers fair like? Any responses are greatly appreciated as im currently bored out of my mind in work!

hwyl fawr!
Original post by werisefromdust
Hey guys!
It's the run up to uni and im interested to hear people's experiences in regards to freshers? any advice or tips on what to take? what was freshers fair like? Any responses are greatly appreciated as im currently bored out of my mind in work!

hwyl fawr!

Hello,
I'm sorry that no one has answered your question so far. There are a lot of threads started on the website reading Freshers, checking the forum 'University Life' is a good place to get your questions answers with already written threads.

However, I can share my experiences with you.
I'm about to go into my second year at university, therefore, freshers is fairly recent to me. Freshers was fantastic, all the stories are mainly the same.
I suggest you attend every event that your SU throws for you during Freshers, they are the best way to meant people on campus, from halls and possibly on your course. It's a good way to get to know the SU team as well. You'll always have fun there and drinks are genuinely cheaper.
Take costume pieces for you, I believe there is a website called 'Fancy Freshers' that do good packages that you can specify to your university - universities always throw fancy dress nights and they are good fun. Always take glow sticks, sharpies etc. Just the basics, fun little things!

Freshers fair was okay, I didn't make the most of mine due to the fact I was ill but again another chance to meet people, talk to them, sign up for socities and in general collect some free stuff, I'm sure you can make more of it than I did!

I hope this helps some what!
I've looked on my uni's SU website and there isn't anything on there as yet. As in going to a very small uni there are almost no threads on here for my campus.... What was in your freshers fair? What stuff did they give out?☺️
I've looked on my uni's SU website and there isn't anything on there as yet. As in going to a very small uni there are almost no threads on here for my campus.... What was in your freshers fair? What stuff did they give out?☺️

Make sure you reply directly to my quote next time, I didn't pick up that you'd replied, just look purely out of concidence.

I understand, my university is fairly small and not much was posted. This is the Fancy Freshers website I was talking about: Fancy Freshers
You can choose your university from there and it'll give you costumes. If there's none, your uni aren't running any costumed events! I wouldn't check the unis offical website, I'd see if your unis SU has a page on Facebook, you'll find out a lot more there!

My freshers fair consisted of the local football team, local charities, Dominos, Nandos, Harvester, the local Police force, the SU, a few of the local nightclubs, all the societies on campus and loads more! They gave you pens, bottle stoppers to stop being spiked, free pizza and nandos, free vouches and coupons etc. The list was endless!
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Make sure you reply directly to my quote next time, I didn't pick up that you'd replied, just look purely out of concidence.

I understand, my university is fairly small and not much was posted. This is the Fancy Freshers website I was talking about: Fancy Freshers
You can choose your university from there and it'll give you costumes. If there's none, your uni aren't running any costumed events! I wouldn't check the unis offical website, I'd see if your unis SU has a page on Facebook, you'll find out a lot more there!

My freshers fair consisted of the local football team, local charities, Dominos, Nandos, Harvester, the local Police force, the SU, a few of the local nightclubs, all the societies on campus and loads more! They gave you pens, bottle stoppers to stop being spiked, free pizza and nandos, free vouches and coupons etc. The list was endless!

Sorry i was using my phone! I'm excited to go to uni but I still feel really unprepared :frown:!
Sorry i was using my phone! I'm excited to go to uni but I still feel really unprepared :frown:!

It's okay! Why do you feel unprepared? Personal message me if you like and we can talk about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending