The Student Room Group

Are White people obligated to help Blacks?

After all you put us through and still do to this day,I think if you walk past a homless black man you should take him into your home and let him live with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

No. :tongue:
How about no.
Reply 3
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
How about no.

Original post by william walker
No. :tongue:

You're not sorry at all are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Killa Kam

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can I be sorry for something I didn't do, i.e. oppress black people.

But why should that mean I have to take a homeless person into my home. Do you take homeless white people into your home?
No one is obligated to help anyone especially for something you're not responsible for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. You enslaved us first.
No. You enslaved us first.

You wasn't enslaved, you're ancestors were.
Patronising as hell
Original post by lizmoo0721
You wasn't enslaved, you're ancestors were.

I was enslaved because I hold to the legacy of my ancestors. The difference is my ancestors overcame their enslavement and enslaved the fore mentioned people who enslaved them. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
How can I be sorry for something I didn't do, i.e. oppress black people.

But why should that mean I have to take a homeless person into my home. Do you take homeless white people into your home?

Dont feel the need to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I was enslaved because I hold to the legacy of my ancestors. The difference is my ancestors overcame their enslavement and enslaved the fore mentioned people who enslaved them. :biggrin:

?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And why would I do that? Aside from the fact that you people use "racism" to try and solve your problems, because you're too lazy to work and deal with life like normal people, it's just ridiculous. We didn't oppress you, although personally I think the apartheid was the best thing to happen to South Africa in decades, and black people need to stop thinking that everything they read is racist, and just get on with life like a white guy. We don't complain when we use the word whiteboard, do we? But it's racist to say blackboard, of course.
Reply 13
As white people whom have benefited from racism greatly, we have the responsibility to help black people in regards to ensuring we hold no prejudice against them and that we are not exploiting the 'white privellege' we have. However, I am inclined to agree that whilst it would be a nice gesture, white people are NOT responsible for every black person being homeless and it is difficult to access why each one is homeless. Therefore, we do not have the obligation to bring every black homeless person into the comfort of our own home. Rather, buy them an item of food or drink, there is less risk that way. Let's not be pedantic!
Everyone should help everyone, maybe not to that extent

WHAT, this doesn't even make sense? I personally don't hold the white (Barbary) slave trade against you, if you are black. Everyone has the duty to help out anyone else in need, not determined by how much melanin is in your skin. We are not obligated to help you out because of previous enslavement because this generation didn't have any responsibility. People need to learn to take responsibility for themselves.
Eww no could be a psycho
2/10, I expected better before I opened the thread
After all you put us through and still do to this day,I think if you walk past a homless black man you should take him into your home and let him live with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are humans obligated to help other humans? No.
Should they?
In some circumstances.
Why is it a racial matter?
Original post by lizmoo0721
WHAT, this doesn't even make sense? I personally don't hold the white (Barbary) slave trade against you, if you are black. Everyone has the duty to help out anyone else in need, not determined by how much melanin is in your skin. We are not obligated to help you out because of previous enslavement because this generation didn't have any responsibility. People need to learn to take responsibility for themselves.

So you want everybody to help everybody else, while take responsibility for themselves? I say what I always say when people reject legacy. The present is the legacy of the pasted. Though the law only deals in actions, not thoughts. So any sort of enforced obligation would be unlawful.

It makes sense. I am a white.

Quick Reply

Latest