The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You're allowed to apply for 6, unless you apply for medicine/dentistry/veternary science, in which case you are allowed up to 4 places. There is a rumour however that from 2008 entry you'll only be allowed 5 places....

You can apply for any 6 courses you want, but you can only have one Personal Statement for all of the courses so it's the norm to apply to 6 related courses (e.g. it'll be impossible to write a good PS for both Physics and English).

You should be able to find out basic information about the application system from your teacher/from books/from researching more on the Internet.
Reply 2
How likely is it that you don't recieve an offer?
depends on the university really
coz, for instance:
1 university may offer a standard requirement like: AAA - but since you got AAAA in your AS levels - they may drop it for you to ABB
another situation could be that you didn't fill in their other requirements e,g, didn't take a particular a level they were interested in - your portfolio wasn't impressive enough
and other cases are when they just reject you and you don't know why!

but i wouldn't worry as much about that really! just do your best - get your grades and then look for universities that have requirements that are suited towards your grades + requirements as an individual [closer to train station?], also - always make sure you apply to a university that can be your safety net in case you don't get the offers you were looking for - and always apply to one univerisity that seems a long shot - just so that you don't regret it anddd you never know you may get lucky! :wink:

in any case --- good luck :smile:
Reply 4
So thats Physics as my first option and Forensic Science as my 6th. With a lot of Chemistry in between
barry1200
So thats Physics as my first option and Forensic Science as my 6th. With a lot of Chemistry in between

I don't know much about science, so that might be OK, but you've got more chance of getting offers if you apply for the same course or very similar courses for all 6 (or however many) choices. If you've got the grades/predictions, you're unlikely to get 6 rejections, but another thing unis look at is the personal statement and you need to convince them that you're dedicated to the course you've applied for, which will be difficult if you apply for 3 different courses.
i reckon you could pull it off coz of the sciences chosen - just be a bit careful thats all - make sure that your personal statement is equally references all the course choices you are making

Latest