The Student Room Group

Have I made a mistake? (Criminology)

Hi all,

So I'm currently entering my A Levels at the moment, and I've chosen to take History, English, and 3D Design along with an extra AS which is the EPQ. I also had taken a Biology AS level last year which I'm dropping for my A Levels.

I know I should have taken psychology and sociology but I didn't actually know what Uni course I wanted to do when I chose my subjects which is why there is a bit of everything in there.

I am predicted to get A* (3D) B (Eng) B/C (His) as my final grades so even though I don't have a particular social science is there still a chance a somewhat good Uni will accept me? I will be basing my EPQ around a Criminology subject as well since I have done my research into the types of courses and the requirements/ subject bases it involves.

Is there anything I can do to help my situation without having to retake the year? Such as extra courses of activities?
Thanks
Original post by CEsH
Hi all,

So I'm currently entering my A Levels at the moment, and I've chosen to take History, English, and 3D Design along with an extra AS which is the EPQ. I also had taken a Biology AS level last year which I'm dropping for my A Levels.

I know I should have taken psychology and sociology but I didn't actually know what Uni course I wanted to do when I chose my subjects which is why there is a bit of everything in there.

I am predicted to get A* (3D) B (Eng) B/C (His) as my final grades so even though I don't have a particular social science is there still a chance a somewhat good Uni will accept me? I will be basing my EPQ around a Criminology subject as well since I have done my research into the types of courses and the requirements/ subject bases it involves.

Is there anything I can do to help my situation without having to retake the year? Such as extra courses of activities?
Thanks

criminology courses don't have any specific A level requirements so don't worry. All you should be focused on is getting good grades so you can apply to decent unis and have a good personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending