The Student Room Group

Student Finance Second Degree Nursing Student

Hi

If I already have a degree which is in the post 2012 repayment plan and I were to apply for Nursing and additional Student Finance, would the Finance go on top of my addition Finance from my other degree in terms of repayments if I am in the newer repayment plan? I.e. would I still only pay 9% or would it be 9% for the Undergraduate Degree then another 9% for the Nursing?
Hi,

The loans from the two degrees would be added together into one balance. So you would never be asked to pay more than 9% of what you earn above the threshold.

Hope this helps.
Hi,

Thanks - that's great to know!

I have another question regarding this topic - what if I dropped out pre-2012 (within the old system) how do the repayments work for this? Is it 9% pre-2012 and 9% post 2012 or is it added to one outstanding balance and repaying in the old system (above £15,000 I think it is?).

Thanks for your help thus far.
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi,

The loans from the two degrees would be added together into one balance. So you would never be asked to pay more than 9% of what you earn above the threshold.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks - that's great to know! I have another question regarding this topic - what if I dropped out pre-2012 (within the old system) how do the repayments work for this? Is it 9% pre-2012 and 9% post 2012 or is it added to one outstanding balance and repaying in the old system (above £15,000 I think it is?).

Thanks for your help thus far.
Hi,

If you took out a pre-2012 loan then you would pay 9% above the threshold of £17335. If you have both types of loan, then what you pay between £17335 and £21000 (the post 2012 threshold) will be allocated to the pre-2012 loan and what you pay above £21000 allocated to the post-2012 loan. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending