The Student Room Group

UKCAT and BMAT resources

Hi ya,

Does anyone know of any good books that they would recommend for em to revise for the UKCAT and BMAT? as I am preparing using the online practice papers but would like some extra revision resource to help aid my revision.
Check out the UKCAT and BMAT preparation threads! The first pages have quite a few books, websites etc. :smile:
Original post by Nakirtharama
Hi ya,

Does anyone know of any good books that they would recommend for em to revise for the UKCAT and BMAT? as I am preparing using the online practice papers but would like some extra revision resource to help aid my revision.

Never done BNAT but for UKCAT prep over the last 2 years I used the following resources, revising for about 1-2 hours a day for 3ish weeks, then about 4hrs per day for the 3-4 days prior to the exam and I did pretty well both years.

. Kaplan UKCAT book (big orange one)
. Green ' get into medical school '600 ukcat questions' book
. Signed up to medify for 2 weeks (online resource)

Across these resources, and the UKCAT website there are around 10 sample papers. I did the Kaplan 'diagnostic test' first to get an idea of the format and then left the other 9 till the last week of prep.

Basically, I worked through the 600 ukcat book (harder than the actual test), then the Kaplan book (similar level to the test) and then the medify question bank before finally doing the 9 actual sample papers.

This worked for me and is more than enough prep to do well as long as you keep cool in the test, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending