The Student Room Group

Capita Medical

Afternoon all,

I am due to attend my medical this Saturday. One of my worries is my BMI. I'm borderline on the upper limit. I want to know what happens if I do fail and how long I get to correct this or is it come back in a year. TIA
Reply 1
Depends on which forces you are going into I believe RAF don't count BMI anymore. The best answer is to phone your AFCO & speak to them if you worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dangle1979
Afternoon all,

I am due to attend my medical this Saturday. One of my worries is my BMI. I'm borderline on the upper limit. I want to know what happens if I do fail and how long I get to correct this or is it come back in a year. TIA

Hi
How long were you waiting for your medical after interview?
Ive been waiting 2 weeks now and havnt heard anything.

Cheers in advance
Reply 3
Original post by irishelf1992
Hi
How long were you waiting for your medical after interview?
Ive been waiting 2 weeks now and havnt heard anything.

Cheers in advance

It took about 3 weeks, as it goes through a seperate medical department.
Ok mate cheers. Just wondered as I haven't had any contact for two weeks since my interview.
Anyone have any ideas how long after the medical notes are sent back to Capita, do they generally take to get back to the AFCO (or is it how long is a piece of string job)? Also do we chase them or the AFCO?
Original post by kilted_sparky
Anyone have any ideas how long after the medical notes are sent back to Capita, do they generally take to get back to the AFCO (or is it how long is a piece of string job)? Also do we chase them or the AFCO?

The whole thing is how long is a piece of string, I used to give it two weeks (unless told longer) and then on the following monday give the AFCO a call and just get an update. Took me 13 months!
Original post by AlphaTango
The whole thing is how long is a piece of string, I used to give it two weeks (unless told longer) and then on the following monday give the AFCO a call and just get an update. Took me 13 months!

Brilliant (well not the 13 months part) thank you. Ill keep that in mind and maybe given them a call Monday after next to see if they have heard anything. Cheers AT.
Reply 8
Brilliant (well not the 13 months part) thank you. Ill keep that in mind and maybe given them a call Monday after next to see if they have heard anything. Cheers AT.

Took me 6 weeks. This occured this year. I chased the afco and capita up, after 4 weeks. Hope that helps.
Original post by Matt06
Took me 6 weeks. This occured this year. I chased the afco and capita up, after 4 weeks. Hope that helps.

How did you chase capita? I'll chase the afco to see if they have heard back but would ideally like to chase capita and not pester the afco all the time. Thanks for the info.
Reply 10
How did you chase capita? I'll chase the afco to see if they have heard back but would ideally like to chase capita and not pester the afco all the time. Thanks for the info.

There is a specfic department that deals with armed forces medicals (as you'd imagine). I got the number online if I remember correctly, so have a look. I just remember speaking to one of the 'nice ladies' and funny enough recieved an email from the afco, the following week.
Original post by Matt06
There is a specfic department that deals with armed forces medicals (as you'd imagine). I got the number online if I remember correctly, so have a look. I just remember speaking to one of the 'nice ladies' and funny enough recieved an email from the afco, the following week.

Thanks for that Matt, I think its CHW (or something like that) but I will look into it and get the number and call them later this week to make sure they have received it. Hopefully I get one of the 'nice ladies' as well. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest