The Student Room Group

Is anybody else under the age of 16 finding it hard to get voluntarily jobs?

I've asked all the charity shops in my area, all my corner shops and a few bigger organisations and they've all said that i can't volunteer there as I'm too young. Paper round is out of the question seeing as somebody already does it. there is literally nothing i can do. My school doesn't do work experience anymore, it's so frustrating

Could anyone help me/ suggestions of what i could do over the summer :/
Reply 1
Look for jobs around local glory holes
Reply 2
Original post by Appazap
I've asked all the charity shops in my area, all my corner shops and a few bigger organisations and they've all said that i can't volunteer there as I'm too young. Paper round is out of the question seeing as somebody already does it. there is literally nothing i can do. My school doesn't do work experience anymore, it's so frustrating

Could anyone help me/ suggestions of what i could do over the summer :/

You are only allowed to work in charity shops under the age of 16 if you're doing it for DofE.

Ask the guy who gave that kid a paper round if you can take over when he finishes, at least in my area they are snapped up within a day or two. Otherwise wait until you're 16, or perhaps do some car washing...
PDSA, where I volunteer, take under 16s. I really enjoy and am planning to continue after I complete the required amount for my silver DofE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending