The Student Room Group

My period only lasted a few minutes...

I have started a healthy lifestyle and have lost 1kg. I am eating healthier, enough calories and I've been doing intense exercise a few times a week.

I was having light cramps and migraines a few days ago which is a sign on my period coming. However, I noticed before bed a brown stain in my pants... which seemed like my period blood.
But theres nothing today.... what the hell is going on. My periods are normally 6 days. Also if I did have it yesterday then that would make my period cycle 23days when its usually 25-27days
Losing weight probably messed with your cycle a bit, give it time and hopefully it will settle again.
Original post by Anonymous
I have started a healthy lifestyle and have lost 1kg. I am eating healthier, enough calories and I've been doing intense exercise a few times a week.

I was having light cramps and migraines a few days ago which is a sign on my period coming. However, I noticed before bed a brown stain in my pants... which seemed like my period blood.
But theres nothing today.... what the hell is going on. My periods are normally 6 days. Also if I did have it yesterday then that would make my period cycle 23days when its usually 25-27days

Is it possible that it was a false start? You said yourself that it's early so it could just be a blip before your actual period comes.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Losing weight probably messed with your cycle a bit, give it time and hopefully it will settle again.

Okay thank you :smile: I'm confused on whether this was my period
Original post by claireestelle

Highly unlikely that switching to a healthy lifestyle and losing 1kg will have any effect on her period... it only has an effect on your period if your calorie intake is insufficient and you have already lost a significant amount of weight.

OP, you will probably get your period in a few days.
Reply 5
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Is it possible that it was a false start? You said yourself that it's early so it could just be a blip before your actual period comes.

A false start? So this wasnt my period... why would mmy body do that :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by driftawaay
Highly unlikely that switching to a healthy lifestyle and losing 1kg will have any effect on her period... it only has an effect on your period if your calorie intake is insufficient and you have already lost a significant amount of weight.

Yeah I hope it does.

My lifestyle is healthy so I don't get why I would skip a period or have a short one
I'd go and see your GP to make sure everything's okay. Are you on any sort of contraceptive, sometimes they can mess up your cycle a bit.
Original post by ParadoxSocks

Yeah I've had this. It started a few days later properly. Very strange.
A false start? So this wasnt my period... why would mmy body do that :s-smilie:

It's just a quirky cycle. Give it a couple of days and see if it starts properly. If you're worried about anything then get yourself to a doctor but it's probably just an odd cycle.

Original post by OU Student
Yeah I've had this. It started a few days later properly. Very strange.

I've had it too. It's the weirdest thing and then it actually kicks in. It's the worst.
Sounds like a bit of spotting, which can sometimes happen at any stage during the cycle. If it happens again, I would see your doctor, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Original post by driftawaay

I only mentioned it as if i ve lost weight in the past due to being ill i d get a shorter cycle, didnt stop them but did mess it up a little.
i'm so so conufsed because i have discharge but i saw a really light smudge on the underpants. i literally wiped so many times and no blood, like for the whole day no blood. only at the end of the day i had cramps but they were different to my normal period cramps so idk if it's period cramps but idkkkkk...

Same thing happened to me

Quick Reply

Latest