The Student Room Group

Ever feel extremely ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Unless you have a facial deformity you're probably not extremely ugly. If you are desperate for more likes then just get your boobs out on pictures
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yup, I don't have Instagram, nor have I ever taken a 'selfie' :redface:

:hugs:

Same!
Reply 62
You need to learn to not rely on other person for validation and keep your self happy. I'm going through a phase where I'm barely using social media at the moment and it feels good.
yeah all the time
No.

:smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Anonymous
I don't get it. One minute I feel fine & confident and the next minute I don't!

I even feel like deleting my Instagram because I barely get any likes or compliments. I know it probably sounds stupid but whenever I see all the other girls get hundreds of likes and comments it makes me feel so ugly!

Why are some people blessed with beauty and others cured with ugliness
:frown: you'll probably think I'm bring ridiculous but it's just literally how I feel

I think it is relatively normal to feel insecure now and again...I guess it is a part of being human!

I always found that social media caused me to feel insecure more often and since separating myself from it I have found that I am generally a bit more confident every day.
Reply 66
I've felt like that a few times, but I just got over it.
The way to do it is to remember that there are butt-ugly people in the world and some of them have beautiful boyfriends or girlfriends. So if they can feel good about themselves then you DEFINITELY can, because I'm sure you're quite pretty anyway. So there's nothing to worry about :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
I am really ugly, but I've just got to accept it. It took a long time to get to acceptance though. There are times that make me sad and S (coupled with my poor MH) that I'll be a virgin for life, be an ugly freak and not have a connection with someone but I'm okay with it at most of the times. It's a challenge to accept it though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It fluctuates. My opinion of myself can differ from hour to hour sometimes.

I rarely take notice of how many likes I get on social media - it's more about any comments in person or if I feel good in myself.

Some days I'll feel absolutely disgusting - fat, plain face and good for nothing. Then the next, I'll feel like I could give Beyonce a run for her money in confidence. :erm:

I find baths and moisturising and makeup help with confidence. Knowing that I'm looking after myself. :h:
The best advice I ever read is that if you act pretty, people will believe you're pretty. Attraction is partly personality.
people on instagram are usually pros at
1 - selfie angles
2 - filtering the **** out of themselves
3 - catfishing

a study shows that if you were to walk past yourself on a street you wouldn't even notice yourself because you see yourself so differently so don't worry too much? you'll wake up one day and realise you have better things to concern yourself with :smile:
IDK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending