The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Anyone know this girl?

Hey...

I met this girl when we were both working in a restaurant at Royal Ascot in York aaaaggeeess ago.

We hit it off but I left in a hurry without saying goodbye and she must have thought I wasn't interested (didn't see her the next day). She studies music and plays violin and piano at York. I think she'd be in the 3rd year now. Big brown eyes, brown hair, average height. From what I remember, she looked a bit like Belle from Beauty and the Beast (I don't look like the Beast before you ask...).

I've probably described a thousand people there, but I should have forgotten about her by now. You know how some things just stick in your mind?

Anyway, absolutely any help appreciated.

(I thought about posting this for a while - It was that story in the Metro that finally gave me the push.)
you should come to the music department and ask around - you'd be sure to find her.
University of York
York
Phone the restaurant to get the name, and then use Facebook.
Reply 3
No-one there had our names, we were all agency staff. I was bussed in from Leeds (I was at Leeds Uni at the time).

On the last day I asked the manager if she knew all the staff that worked there. I began... "there was this girl here doing Silver Service on Tuesday," she cut me off and replied "No idea" and threw her hands up!

Is the music department fairly small? I am very tempted to come up, rock_eleven, but it'd be from London... and I can't be sure she'd even remember me.

I know it's asking a lot but could you maybe print this off and post it on their notice board?? You'd be up to your eyeballs in good karma.

Clutching. Sodding. Straws.
theclassical
No-one there had our names, we were all agency staff. I was bussed in from Leeds (I was at Leeds Uni at the time).

On the last day I asked the manager if she knew all the staff that worked there. I began... "there was this girl here doing Silver Service on Tuesday," she cut me off and replied "No idea" and threw her hands up!

Is the music department fairly small? I am very tempted to come up, rock_eleven, but it'd be from London... and I can't be sure she'd even remember me.

I know it's asking a lot but could you maybe print this off and post it on their notice board?? You'd be up to your eyeballs in good karma.

Clutching. Sodding. Straws.

why are you so desperate to find her after all this time? Don't come up just to find her... as you said, she might not remember you, and if she did she might think it weird that you hunted her down like this, or maybe she has totally moved on and hasn't been thinking about your meeting in that restaurant at all...
Reply 5
Yeah... I know... you're right.

*I honestly realise* it's strange that i want to find her after all this time, but I have a feeling she will remember me.

(But yeah, just turning up would just be too weird, that's why i was hoping someone on here knew her so she could see the post).

It's kind of like, now or never for this, so i went with now.

Latest

Trending

Trending