The Student Room Group

Human Biology (Higher)

Hi,
I'm looking for somewhere in or around Edinburgh to study Higher Human Biology. I applied to Edinburgh College but I was unsuccessful :frown:

I'm happy to do a reasonable amount of travel, and it could be a school, college or centre, I don't mind! I have 8 National 5s with good grades, including Biology, English and Maths.

I'd love to know where you studied the subject and what you thought about the course in general :smile:

Thanks
Did you offer to pay? I got a place on the evening course and paid the £250. Otherwise , you will have to look at the borders college or West lothian.
Reply 2
Original post by salemsparklys
Did you offer to pay? I got a place on the evening course and paid the £250. Otherwise , you will have to look at the borders college or West lothian.

Yeah they were charging everyone for the course, but I still didn't get in :frown:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look!
That sucks! Do you need it for any reason, IE further study? Does it have to be college based? I would email and ask if they have a reserve list as some people will not take them up on the offer as they have left it so long to tell people they have a place this year.
Reply 4
Original post by salemsparklys
That sucks! Do you need it for any reason, IE further study? Does it have to be college based? I would email and ask if they have a reserve list as some people will not take them up on the offer as they have left it so long to tell people they have a place this year.

Yeah I didn't get a good enough grade in Biology for uni so I was going to use human bio as a supplement. I was told that I'm on the reserve list but the lady in charge of human bio told me it's unlikely that I'll be offered a place because of the amount of people ahead of me.
Could you do it online? Will cross everything for you x
Reply 6
I've had a look and so far haven't found much, I'll have to keep searching! I've also thought about going to a secondary school a few hours a week.
Reply 7
I'll try helping you as well through some sources. Let me search for them and get back to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest