The Student Room Group

Why do girls wear so much make up?

On the way home today I stopped at Beaconsfield Services on the M40.

And I saw a group of these girls that were literally orange.

It was disgusting.

I think they could have been reasonably good-looking. They were all in good shape and had nice features. But they totally ruined it wearing all kinds of goo on their face.

Why do people do this?!

I have constructed this highly insightful graph which explains why girls wear SO MUCH make up. They don't realise that past a point it has a detrimental effect. Its a question of self-awareness and a lack of self-control. It doesn't answer the question of why they wear make up to begin with, which is obvious, cos it helps them look better, feel more confident and attract more boys and make more girls more jealous.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

They're uglier without it.
Reply 2
They want to look like photoshopped models.
Well maybe they feel more comfortable and feminine with make-up on. Some girls like the physical act of putting it on their face.
They were doing cosplay of charlie and the chocolate factory lol.
Reply 5
"Attractive" means something different to everyone. Believe it or not, there are some guys who look up to the orange clowns as if they were godessess.
Who cares? I'm sure there is something you do which I find ugly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a veil to hide their face and maintain their modesty.
Original post by Awesome Genius
On the way home today I stopped at Beaconsfield Services on the M40.

And I saw a group of these girls that were literally orange.

It was disgusting.

I think they could have been reasonably good-looking. They were all in good shape and had nice features. But they totally ruined it wearing all kinds of goo on their face.

Why do people do this?!

Honestly, why?
Well because we live in a world where surface 'beauty' like this is considered arousing and desirable (forget being natural and down to earth and kind). And the message is reinforced to young girls by social media sites such as instagram that being arousing and desirable means ultimate validation.

Spoiler

kim.jpg
Insecurity
Please don't cake yourself in make-up, girls; it makes you look like a tart.
Original post by lustawny
Please don't cake yourself in make-up, girls; it makes you look like a tart.

Please don't tell us what to do... You may as well be telling us to wear a burka.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AccountingBabe
Please don't tell us what to do... You may as well be telling us to wear a burka.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, don't get me wrong; you're more than welcome to slather that muck on your face all day long until you, quite literally, resemble a human tangerine. Just don't expect any of us guy folk to find you attractive (which is essentially why you're wearing it in the first place).
Probably cause they like to?

It's not something I like or find attractive but if they want to then it's not really affecting my life so I don't care.
Reply 14
I don't wear makeup because I feel I don't need to and personally don't care what people think. I imagine some women are insecure and they feel the make up helps, others may be hiding some unsightly spots.

The whole orange thing might be just to fit in, who knows.
Original post by lustawny
Oh no, don't get me wrong; you're more than welcome to slather that muck on your face all day long until you, quite literally, resemble a human tangerine. Just don't expect any of us guy folk to find you attractive (which is essentially why you're wearing it in the first place).

Lol if you seriously think the majority of women wear makeup to attract men you are mistaken...

Besides I found in different locations of the UK for men to either prefer make up or the more natural look is appealing depending on the fashion of that community.

Just because you are a man and dislike a certain look doesn't mean all men think like you.

I moved to Southern England and the lack of make up on girls makes my eyes hurt but that's my preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Lol I don't know any girl that wears makeup to please a guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AccountingBabe
Lol if you seriously think the majority of women wear makeup to attract men you are mistaken...

What other possible reason is there for them to wear it? Women clearly wear make-up to improve their facial aesthetics because they're not confident enough with how their face looks naturally (make-up undoubtedly excels at this, in moderation), and the only way for them to get confirmation of any such improvement, is for men (or women) to be attracted to them and to give off signs of attraction.

Besides I found in different locations of the UK for men to either prefer make up or the more natural look is appealing depending on the fashion of that community.

Just because you are a man and dislike a certain look doesn't mean all men think like you.

This is all very well and good and I agree with you and everything, but you've really got to ask yourself the question of what sort of man is going to be attracted to a woman who looks like Dale Winton's manicurist. An extremely odd person is the answer to that, in my personal opinion.
Reply 18
Maybe they like wearing their makeup like that or it's some sort of new fashion trend. Taking the time to start a discussion about them is a bit pointless
Reply 19
to cover up there ugliness,

Quick Reply

Latest