The Student Room Group

How cheeky would it be if I did this??

So I'm thinking of applying to a joint economics and politics degree but almost immediately switching to straight economics because economics and politics is less competitive than straight economics.Would most universities allow it?
I thought this would be a Nando's joke
Reply 2
Original post by quentinhamilton
I thought this would be a Nando's joke

It isn't
Reply 3
I don't think that's possible given that straight econ is far more competitive than econ and politics. But it depends on the uni you apply for e.g. you probably can't do this at LSE, Warwick etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was expecting you to say something rude, dissappointed...
Economics is more competitive meaning less spaces, therefore less chance of you being able to change
Thats well cheeky m8, I'd r8 that 8/8. Youre a ledge, setting standards for all the lads in Magaluf.
Reply 7
Depends on the uni, why not try applying for both courses and if there are additional spaces for pure economics ask if it would be possible to change courses when spaces might be available?
I have no idea how I guessed almost exactly what you were going to ask. :confused:
Reply 9
How is that cheeky?
Reply 10
Original post by yellowcopter
Economics is more competitive meaning less spaces, therefore less chance of you being able to change

There are always going to be people who don't meet their offer for straight economics and if I did meet the entry requirements for straight economics whilst having a place doing economics and politics it wouldn't be too hard to switch
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lucasium
There are always going to be people who don't meet their offer for straight economics and if I did meet the entry requirements for straight economics whilst having a place doing economics and politics it wouldn't be too hard to switch

Most will though, it's just quite a risk is all

Quick Reply

Latest